Monday, March 07, 2016

Memorandum Monday - March 7th

Linking in with Sian & all the other memo writers of the day at : From High In The Sky
  
Sending belated wishes of Happy Mothering Sunday to all my British Friends.  This side of the pond we will celebrate Mother's Day on May 8th (always the 2nd Sunday of May).

Too Cold To Sit & Watch The World Go By
 What’s new from the patio?  Well the view from the patio is one of winter white (again).  There are lots of empty peanut shells that the squirrels & blue jays have left behind.  The new from the patio is that the bird song is changing, more of it & definitely more noisy.  The daylight  hours are increasing, earlier sun rises, longer to get to sunsets.  New hope.
 

One Of My Cheeky Blue Jays


Not a lot of new activity this week for me.  On Tuesday of last week, I was to attend a new group of ladies that would have been meeting for the first time, but was cancelled due to a snow storm that rolled in March 1st – in like a Lion. Brrrr


View From The Window Looking West Across The Fields



I came across this from Andrea Scher’s blog & although I have not enrolled, I am intrigued. I fiercely believe that blogging is still the best way to grow your audience and find your tribe. So it is in the spirit of community, of not having to go it alone, of being able to share our work with a group of open-hearted souls that this course was born.”  .  This is the link to learn more about the workshop: Brave Blogging


I hope that everyone has wonderful, enriching adventures in the week ahead. "when ever I have a problem, I sing, which makes me realize that my singing is worse than my problem"

View From The Patio Looking West Through The Garden To The Fields






25 comments:

  1. my that is totally white all around - hope you have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see all the snow. When we left Rochester, there was still quite a pile in the yard, but their temperatures are increasing, and I'm hoping for green by the time we get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also hoping the snow is gone soon. Safe travels.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to see the view from your house, and your blue jay which we never see here. We too have loads of the white stuff :(. Thank you for the link - I could do with a bit of bravery ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alexa - so good to hear from you. I must admit to enjoying my Blue Jays in spite of them being bold & loud.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, look at all that snow! That photo of the blue jay is gorgeous. I woke to birdsong this morning, the first time this year, Spring must be on its way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Some of the Blue Jays pose for me or at least it seems that way & they certainly are not shy about banging on the window if I am late in serving peanuts.

      Delete
  5. Brave blogging! Here's to that! I'm a fierce believer too and I'll be checking out your link.

    The longer days are wonderful, aren't they? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The increased daylight hours is such a treat. I will be interested to hear your take on the Brave Blogging as you have a large, faithful tribe of readers, of which I count myself.

      Delete
  6. Like all your snow photos - very pretty. I know some people find it annoying but it has its pluses and, more importantly, purpose. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow can look very pretty, especially when not spoiled with highway sand & salt, I try to get out there before any body else has been stropping through it.

      Delete
  7. Oh my, it certainly looks cold there! I can't imagine it this time of year - we had sunshine & spent the day Saturday wandering an outdoor flea market in short sleeves. Sending warm thoughts your way for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa those warm thoughts must be working, we had +11 temperatures today - thank you. If we get an early spring, we will be enjoying the sunshine in a month or so.

      Delete
  8. What beautiful photos and although I'm a little jealous about the snow, I'm now ready for spring so not keen on having any snow.

    I may take a look at that brave blogging, so thank you for the details

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. Snow is not all bad or bothersome & we have had an especially mild & minimum snow this year, so really not too many complaints.

      Delete
  9. My mother in law was quoting March coming in like a lion only here it was rain not snow thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was definitely lion like this year. I like the years when we get lamb in, lamb out. As of this moment on Tuesday, a lot of this snow has melted! April has been known to have some wicked snow storms so I will not put boots away until May!

      Delete
  10. We had a little snow at our hill top retreat this weekend but nothing like the scale of yours. It does look so beautiful. That last quote made me smile. It sounds like something Anne would say. Have a great week Mary-Lou :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your retreat photo - lovely. Oh my singing is SO bad, I am the original lip sync singer.

      Delete
  11. What a very beautiful sight, and the blue jay is so nice to see as we don't get them here. We haven't had any snow either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stay warm, I'm off to check out that link!

    ReplyDelete
  13. March came in like a lion here too, with terrific wind and rain storms. But yesterday and today we've hit record high temps in the upper 70's and I'm LOVING the preview of Spring! Just wish it wasn't going back to chilly again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That landscape... I just cant imagine it. Its So beautiful..although I imagine signs of spring would be most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That landscape... I just cant imagine it. Its So beautiful..although I imagine signs of spring would be most welcome.

    ReplyDelete