Broccoli Apple Salad
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, (about 2 medium heads)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup diced red onion (I use white sweet onions)
- 2 large apples, finely chopped (I used gala apples)
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped (I've also used almonds)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Creamy dressing ingredients:
- ½ cup lite mayonnaise
- ½ cup low fat Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt (I don't use)
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, carrots, onion, apples, pecans, and dried cranberries.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. (I omit the salt)
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
CITRUS BEET & SPINACH SALAD
1 pkg. (284 g) baby spinach leaves
1 can or package (14 fl oz/398 mL) whole rosebud beets, drained, quartered
2 large navel oranges, peeled & sectioned (in a pinch I've used canned mandarin orange slices)
1 small red onion, thinly sliced (I use white sweet onions)
3/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted (I prefer pecans or almonds)
1/2 cup Kraft Signature Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing (or any other brand of a raspberry vinaigrette dressing)
TOSS all ingredients except dressing in large bowl.
ADD dressing; mix lightly. Serve immediately.