Monday, December 02, 2019

Me On A Monday - December 2nd



Source:Internet

Good Morning - I hope every one is well.  For the month of December, I'll be back posting on Monday mornings.  Our December started with a winter storm.

Currently it's all a go for the start of the Christmas season.  My two Christmas trees are up & decorated.  I've tempered the overall decorating to simpler.  I no longer want to style my decorating as though Christmas threw up at my house.  I have sorted through a lot of it it & donated to our church Christmas bazaar.  I went through everything with the attitude of "I don't live in a storage container", which is the thought I've been holding in my mind a lot this last few months of de-cluttering V2.5.  

Currently my pocket book & wallet are still intact, no Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales tempting me.  "I don't live in a storage  container" carried on strong as the flyers & email came fast & furious. 

Currently I am struggling to read a book I requested from the library.  I cannot remember who recommended; The Ten Thousand Doors of January.  I'm going to give it one more try before I return to the library.  I've even tried to jump a few pages ahead hoping it might engage me.  I've now got a few of my regular December reads on request at the library; The Christmas Cookie Club & The Stupidest Angel.  Of course reading also leads to watching ...

Currently I (we) are watching Series 7 of Inspector Lewis, all of which we got from the library.  I really like Lewis & Hathaway together - now that is the mighty duo!  We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Series 9 of Vera at the library.  We really enjoy Vera.
 Mr Man is catching up on his Dr Who series. I've also started my Christmas movie watching; always start with black & white version of Miracle on 34th Street, then I move to Christmas Vacation.

Currently awaiting to hear if a course I've signed up for, is a go in the New Year.  It's one of those decisions I was waffling on, back & forth & I've decided, yes, what's the worse that could happen?  The worse would be I'm still older & I didn't take the chance.  The worse could be I don't like it, & that the university registrar was wrong, so I drop out.  The worse could be I fail at it, so I couldn't move on to the next course ... you see where I'm going with this ... it's a risk & I'll survive it, no matter how it turns out.  Lesson one & two from my church Elder - what's the worse that can happen & you'll survive it.  

Currently Eileen at A Bracelet of Days is hosting the 2019/2020 Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt.  Please join in & check out Eileen's blog post about the list & dates; Winter-photography-scavenger-hunt
Source:Internet

14 comments:

  1. Now you have me very interested in what course you have signed up for! I have not started decorating yet, but alas, I still have MANY boxes of decorations. The traditions must continue (both kids have asked about it from their respective places of higher learning)! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there's still boxes & boxes of Christmas, I just weeded out the ones that don't spark joy or aren't that special to us. I'm giving in to the powers that be that say I'm good at "business", I was digging my heels in as I wanted a different direction. More to tell about that (soon).

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking to my WPSH post.

    I'm still trying to decide whether I really want to decorate this year. If I do they won't go up until Christmas Eve and will be taken down on Twelfth Night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a separate post listing the items on Wed - we are the PSH support centres (col). Oh yes do decorate for Christmas, you'll be glad you did when you see the prettiness of it all & the joy it brings.

      Delete
  3. I'll bet your Christmas bazaar is thrilled with your donations. I observe Black Friday as "Buy Nothing Day" :) And yes, the same for Cyber Monday. As you say, we don't want to live in a storage container, though I'm keeping my Christmas decorations -many though they are. I've gotten to the point where I'm willing to give up on a book. Life's too short, and there are so many books. I love Lewis and Vera, and I'm joining you in waiting for Vera's next season. I'm so looking forward to that :) A new course sounds interesting. I love those two lessons. Around here we say, "What's the worst that could happen," and it's never that bad :) I love your candy cane-colored bell photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my Christmas decorations, it was mostly stuffed creatures & candle holders, my special tree ornaments and Santa collections are still intact (col). Unfortunately for me with decision making I'm spent far too much time dwelling or what could go wrong, rather than what could go right ...

      Delete
  4. You are way ahead of us in the Christmas tree stakes - what a pretty decoration. We have family arriving on the 27th so in order to make sure the tree lasts, it won't be going up for several weeks yet! I admire your willingness to give the book another go - I am afraid if I start to disengage, I just stop. Intrigued about your course and hoping it works out for you (and we get to hear more).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a perk of artificial trees, up early, down late although by 12th Night I'm done with Christmas (col). In the end that book went back to the library unread by me.

      Delete
  5. Good for you, tempering your purchases and hoarding. I'm loving my clearing too, and am in no hurry to fill the empty spaces!
    I liked Lewis a lot, Vera too. Best thing for you, getting them from the library, is that you need not sit through the numerous ad breaks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many of the TV shows we tape so we don't have to sit their commercials. Right now we are watching lots of the Christmas baking shows & the breaks are plentiful & long. Yes I'm embracing empty & open space :)

      Delete
  6. I've read a bit about The Ten Thousand Doors of January, and couldn't decided whether to put it on my TBR list or not. I think not after reading this post. Our tree is up as well. I cut back on over-decorating a few years ago, giving away most of my large snowman collection. Another group of decorations that didn't make the cut this year or last, went in the contribution bag this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Karen I'm sorry I put you off Ten Thousand Doors. I'm not sure why I couldn't engage with it. I think our tastes about Christmas certainly change. I did go looking for a new Santa to add to the collection, but in the end I couldn't find anything that really passed the "do I want to make room for you", so I have settled for a new horse tree ornament. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm still laughing at the line "style my decorating as though Christmas threw up at my house"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was actually said to me a few years back by a guest at our Christmas Open House & yes he's been invited back (col).

      Delete