Wednesday, March 01, 2017

February Reasons To Be Cheerful

I have been meaning to join in with Lady Ella's Reasons To Be Cheerful,  monthly recap for so long & finally I got my act in gear.  You can read all her previous cheerful posts here:  Flowers-of-Progress


My reasons for being cheerful about February:

A month dedicated to love & the heart. How can you not be cheerful about this.

Mr Man’s eye surgery checkup gave him the all healed & cleared to return to work.  Any future followup or checkups can be done by the eye doctor locally.

A few days with sunshine meant getting outside for a walk, which is so much more enjoyable than the treadmill.  Natural Vitamin D very good for the heart.

Kindness of blogging friendships & in particular a lovely handmade card from Sian.


Tea with one of the horse ladies, who kindly imparted some of her life wisdom which also included a trip to the barn to visit with her horses.  Contact with horses is so good for my heart.


Mr Man’s willingness to a wandering drive out for items still left on the WPSH.  I now have a completed list.  He still makes my heart skip a beat - in the good way.

So glad that there is Pinterest as it has helped me source a photo or two for some stories I am telling via scrapping & I did not have any photos.  Some days I just feel so full of stories that I am bursting to get onto paper so I don't forget & that some time in the future someone reads those stories & says "oh my, how brave, how wonderful ..."  or "oh that's who she was".


When enjoying tea with a friend in town, the ex-wife of Mr Man’s childhood friend stopped by our table to say hello.  We exchanged phone numbers & a promise to have a catch up lunch.  I remember some fun times together as a foursome, which I miss since their split.  Sometimes heart ache reaches beyond just the pair.


My fur girls always make me feel better & we have had some wonderful cuddling times together.  They both are finding their purring voice.  Science yet again confirms having pets is good for the heart.

Daylight hours increasing & although still not a lot of sunny days, it is improving.  Bird song changing to signal change.  On the last day of February 2017, we spotted a chipmunk & a Red Winged Black Bird - both definite signs that spring IS coming our way.  No spring skips its turn ...


So far, Mr Man & I have avoided a flu/cough that has been circulating around.  Being a little anti social can have some benefits if only for avoiding the usual winter colds, flu’s & coughs.

"The February sunshine steeps your boughs & tints the buds & swells the leaves within. "  W.C. Byrant


17 comments:

  1. I always look for the red winged black birds, too. A definite sign of hope!! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny what each area/region looks for as a sign of spring. Certainly for us it is the birds that show up at the feeders. Still amazing myself with the reliability of me filling the feeders during the winter. I think Deb at Just Cats gives me inspiration.

      Delete
  2. I've always enjoyed Lady Ella's recaps, and I enjoyed yours as well. Best news of all is that Mr. Man requires no more trips back to the big city and has returned to work! I, too, have noticed the change in the bird songs in the mornings and it always gives me hope. The meteorologist reported that February was the warmest on record, and I've enjoyed every bit of it, particularly walking outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. Like many things going on in life, a work in progress. Early in October we were told to brace ourselves for a "typical" winter of lots of snow & cold. Umm, somewhat very grateful for a false forecast although I could have done with more sunshine.

      Delete
  3. That's quite a lot to be cheerful about! What a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri. Recounting my blessings has been another cheery moment.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Lady Ella deserves all the credit for her idea & encouragement. It's all part of my paying attention resolve ...

      Delete
  5. I happy thankful for longer daylight hours too! And I have heard the robin singing, but have not been privy to their visits as yet. Glad your Mr's eyes are healing well. And out here we have yellow headed black birds too! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a blackbird with yellow would be quite striking. I still am amazed at myself being a bird watcher!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for joining in Mary-Lou! You came up with a longer list than you implied, and each a heartfelt reason to be cheerful. So pleased about Mr Man, and yes - blue skies and long evenings always lift my spirits so. I too heard birdsong the other morning and paused to listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure. Once I got thinking about the month it was easy to find the good/highlights of the month. Besides what better cure for the doldrums that being grateful. I have it marked on the calendar for end of March review.

      Delete
  7. its good to look for the happy and positives in our everyday lives. Plus great news on your husbands eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. Mr Man is feeling better & the healing continues which means he is now able to get new glasses with a prescription change. This will be on the March review ...

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful recap of your months - so many great things! Robbie had a terrible case of the flu here, but I avoided it despite tending him for several days! All better now & having a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete