Monday, October 23, 2017

Memo, Mail & Me; It's Monday October 23rd

A big wave & greeting of good Monday morning.  How is everyone this morning?  Well & happy, I trust.

A very intense red sky one morning last week.  Red sky in the morning sailors taking warning.
looking from the front door south east

We have been experiencing absolutely delightful weather these last few days & I took Betty The Bike out for one last seasonal ride.  It's a lie - remembering how to ride a bike can be a forgotten skill.  I was quite wobbly & the hand brakes seemed to stick so that I ended up, just dragging my feet to stop.  Plans are that next year I will do more bike riding ...


Nothing on either the mail or memo front, but I do have to report on some finds.  

Found in my shopping cart;  I shouldn't have but oh my goodness these are SOOO tasty.   I'll say no more.

Found this in my Christmas scrapping stash!  No idea how long I have had, but it's a Christmas card making booklet.  I have ideas for this new found gem!  I am still wafting back & forth on what I'll do for my December Daily, but this kit was a great diversion from that decision.


Found in the garden this last of the season rose in bloom.  Ah memories!

In my next photo I am not showing you dirty kitty dishes but what caused shrieking, jumping, heart palpitations at about 4:45am when  it is still very dark outside.   I wandered into the kitchen which is lit with a small night light (for the cats) & what I saw made me jump about a million miles upwards & let out a shriek.  A snake in my kitchen!!!  On went the big overhead lights, while formulating all kinds of plans of what to do next but this is what I found; 


not a snake but a piece of cord that the girls must have found & were playing with & then got bored with & left it just lying there!  Turns out this piece of cord was from a pair of Mr Man's sweat pants that were in the laundry basket upstairs!  Cats!

And speaking of Mr Man - he was busy installing two solar lights on either side of our gate; he had found them on sale a few weeks back but with all his business travel he only just had the time this weekend to install.  Oh yes, he had his first eye injection shot with the new local doctor & he was quite impressed with her technique.  She puts 4 drops of numbing agent into the eye, spacing each one out a minute apart.



Hoping everyone has a wonderful week ahead.  Me, I'll be ploughing through a course required book; Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Wolf.  So far, I am not enjoying but who knows it could just catch me by surprise.
 

 

14 comments:

  1. Card making is so not for me, but I do admire those who make gorgeous cards. Laughing about the cord snake and glad it wasn't the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Card making scares me & I have to stop collecting them on Pinterest for I know I'll never make 1/4 of them, but oh I do admire the skill.

      Delete
  2. Our bikes hardly saw the road this summer. I love your solar lights; that arts and crafts style is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those solar lights have had a chance to build up their energy & the light they produce has surprised me & it makes quite a nice pattern.

      Delete
  3. Like your morning sky pic. Nice to see that rose hanging on. I still have quite a few of my pink ones going strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 3 mornings of red skies have brought the foretold warnings of bad weather - oh the wind is quite ferocious & damaging. Rain at this time of year is a good thing so that the trees & such, especially evergreens don't go into the winter freeze up thirsty.

      Delete
  4. EEEK! about your cord snake!!! (I am terrified of snakes:(). Good luck with the card making. I have made a few Christmas cards this year already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that cord snake gave me quite the startle. As my fur girls don't go outside I'm never gifted with any field mice & such. I look forward to seeing your cards on your blog. I remember you posted about the 1 sheet wonder & I found quite a few patterns from that post.

      Delete
  5. Had to have a giggle about the string snake - not that I wouldn't react the same way - but it is nice to see someone else had that reaction too. The card making looks like fun - I have a friend who diligently makes cards all through the year. I wish I had that much dedication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do giggle now at my folly thinking it could be a snake, but you know that early morning fog before tea has much to do with that! (col). This whole card making is taking me down a rabbit hole but I am having fun with it, so no complaints just yet.

      Delete
  6. We're having great weather here, too! What a great sky photo & such a FUN snake story!

    Oh, Mrs. Dalloway .... after reading The Hours, I didn't n't think I have any desire to read Virginia Woolf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the movie The Hours, it just didn't help me "fall in love" with VW, but I keep hearing people rave on & on about Virginia Wolf. This book is required reading & I know that there is one more of hers that we must read, I'm just not looking forward to it; A Room Of Your Own.

      Delete
  7. We are suppose to get some snow tomorrow, but our weather has been mild, flowers are blooming again instead of dying off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the photos in the news tonight about snow in Thunder Bay - you have my sympathies - I hope all the kids in TB have costumes that fit over their snowsuits for Tuesday night!

      Delete