Thursday, September 27, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Single & So Pretty

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  

Please have a wander over to see what these folks have noticed this week:
Melissa: Daily Life, Bits & Pieces 
Maggie: Farmer's Wife Day By Day 
Eileen: A Bracelet of Days


This week my threesome are the last of my Morning Glories.  I have not had much luck with Morning Glories in the past, so this year I grew in pots & placed in the garden & could regulate the water. What surprised me is the variation of colour on the same vine, in spite of the package declaring "Blue China".   I am going to save the seeds from all of these vines to plant again in the spring & be amazed I hope, by the colours again.

"Let mystery have its place in you, do not always be turning up your whole soil with the ploughshare of self examination,  but have a little fallow corner in your heart ready for any seed the winds may bring."  Henri Frederic Ameil
 



8 comments:

  1. I've never had morning glories. These photos are making me reconsider that choice....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why I cannot grow them in the actual garden soil but if pots is how I get such a pretty flower, pots it is ... Mother Nature's request is my command.

      Delete
  2. Such a variety of shades - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I planted seeds that said pink & the white with a single strip of purple is what grew!

      Delete
  3. I do love morning glories and as a child I always liked counting how many blooms there were each day. I didn't grow any this year but maybe next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even in the pots most of the vines had only 1-2 flowers per day except for the batch at the back of the garden, of course they were prolific because they couldn't be easily seen. Yes let's grow together next year, let's start a meme of morning glory growth!

      Delete
  4. We had great luck with Morning Glories one year, and then not so much afterwards. We replaced them with honeysuckle which does well, but has not been as colorful as the Morning Glories. Yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely!! [I missed last week, but have a FUN post ready for tomorrow!]

    ReplyDelete