Thursday, November 15, 2018

Take Three Thursday - It's Beautiful

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week? 

Please have a peek at what others have noticed this week:


Maggie at:  FarmersWifeDayByDay    
Karen at: Random Reflections  
Miss Wookie at: Missus Wookie's Wanderings 
Eileen at:A Bracelet of Days

Recently on a walk in the local conservation park, I was suddenly struck with an over whelming feeling of "I live in such a beautiful piece of the world."  I was feeling such joy.  A light dusting of snow made the trees, rocks & water feel magical.  

 I am trying to embrace winter complete with snow, cold & all that is not summer & I was dressed appropriately so the cold was not getting to me, but I had a shiver or two truly noticing Mother Natures handiwork.






From our national anthem -  O Canada our home & native land  ... ... with glowing hearts we see thee rise ... ...God keep our land glorious and free!



11 comments:

  1. You have definitely captured the beauty of Mother Nature in your photos. The second one is my favourite - it's a brilliant image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I really enjoy the woods in the park, the cedar trees help keep a certain hush to the area.

      Delete
  2. Seems so early to be seeing snow! I used to work with a lady who came from Finland and she used to say that there is no such thing as bad weather, it's all down to wearing the appropriate clothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find sometimes it's the bundling up that discourages me from venturing out; big thick coats, big thick mittens, bit thick hats, scarves ... well you get the jest.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes - always worth embracing the season we're in and taking time to notice how beautiful it is. Gorgeous scenery, that top photo is of a stunning view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes when we live so close to something, we stop seeing it for its beauty or what others love about the area. I try to practise being a tourist in my own region.

      Delete
  4. Snow views are rare here, and yours are stunning. Winter wonderland :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These photos are from Monday's dusting of snow, forecast today is for about 5-10 cm of snow (5cm = about 2") which is really not that much but you would think by the weather channel it was the end of the world as we know it. (col)

      Delete
  5. Stunning photos, Mary-Lou. We haven't had any snow to speak of but it is very cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh just wait Chris, it's coming your way. Although today is shaking at 0 so there's a little melt going on - but Thurs/Fri we got 15 cm!!

      Delete
  6. Thank you Karen. I'm always in awe of our landscape.

    ReplyDelete