Wednesday, April 01, 2020

WPSH - Link In #4

Eileen at Bracelet of Days is Hosting the WPSH - you find the other searchers here: A Bracelet of Days

Keeping in mind that we are all practicing physical distance & self isolation in these unprecedented times, so some challenges in finding the items - lots of poetic license being taken, but still having fun.

Here's the original list: along with the updated items to carry us through to April 30th.  Thanks Eileen
  1. in the bag
  2. contrast
  3. the way to go
  4. colours
  5. a garden gate
  6. vintage 
  7. I stood here
  8. 11 o'clock
  9. solitary
  10. the little things
  11. industrial
  12. time for tea
  13. a keyhole
  14. flavour of the month
  15. letters
  16. a barrier
  17. a line
  18. a chain
  19. an alley
  20. monochrome
Alt A: Chess or Checkers
Alt B: Market
Alt C: The View From My Front Door
Alt D: Three Colours One One Item
Alt E: I Am Reading
Alt F: The Sky Today
Alt G: Free Choice
Alt H: Free Choice  

Here are my latest finds:

#2 Contrast


#3 The Way To Go 


#4 Colours
#8 11 0'clock

Blood Pressure; Mon, Wed, Fri, 2 Weeks Monitoring for Mr Man
#12 Time For Tea
Bailey & Emma enjoy "Teatime"  (Boyd's Bear)


#17 A Line
Corn Stubble

Alt E: Book That You Are Reading
 
Alt G: Free Choice
Gathering Maple Sap - A March Tradition (Neighbourhood Walk)
 

18 comments:

  1. Isolation is definitely not helping anyone doing a photographic scavenger hunt - although it will make for more inventive and 'outside the box' photos!
    How lovely to see a few outside photos included in this month's finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just not feeling like a drive anyway to go searching as I worry that somehow I'm breaking the rules. Hence why the disclaimer of poetic license.

      Delete
  2. For the first time in many years, I couldn't seem to get going with this challenge. Once social isolation started, I decided it was a lost cause! I love your bicycle in the tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen there is always the SPSH to get your searching grove back on. The yellow bicycle in the tree always makes me smile when I drive that route. The home is on a country road so I wonder if it's art or a sign post for visitors.

      Delete
  3. You've managed to get a good selection of photos. I like the signpost and the line ones but the best is your free choice with the bright blue buckets on the maple trees.

    I'll do the link up post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of switching the corn line with the maple tree buckets, but I had taken the corn line earlier with the intention so it had earned it's spot. :)

      Delete
  4. I like your "way to go" and "line". As for that bicycle stuck in the tree ... is it even worth asking...?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the person who painted & put the bicycle in the tree is thinking art. The way to go I captured just the day that the park closed I was there snapping away as the parks people were putting the barriers up.

      Delete
  5. I love the bike in the tree shot! Isolation certainly isn't hampering your creative thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. The yellow bicycle & the corn stubble were taken earlier in the month. It seems locally people do some of the strangest things with bicycles. I must locate the photo I post for another photo search, it was a tree full of hanging bikes.

      Delete
  6. Such clever photos! I'm another who very much likes your bicycle in a tree, the line of corn stubble in the snow, and the Japanese calm of your first photo. Well done to you for keeping going with the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa. The contrast photo is from when I was house sitting. I think I am really challenged for Industrial, so I must really get my thinking hat on for that one. The WPSH is one way to distract myself.

      Delete
  7. I really like #4 Colours.

    I wonder why that pretty yellow bicycle is up on that tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. In seems in our area people like to do creative things with bikes. I have a photo of a willow tree with about 20 bikes hanging from it - I must find that photo.

      Delete
  8. Great selection of photos! I especially like the "way to go" and the rows of corn photos. As for the yellow bicycle - maybe it's a matter of "paddle up a creek and pedal up a tree"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I chuckled at your comment of pedal up a tree ... when this lockdown & physical distancing is over, I just might know on this person's door & ask for more detail about the bike - especially why (col).

      Delete
  9. Fab photos. I love the way the bright colours of the bicycle and the buckets pop from the more natural colours of the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. For us this time of year is usually dreary in weather & colours but soon it will truly be spring & Mother Earth will be gifting us with lots of eye catching colour.

      Delete