Monday, November 30, 2020

Me on A Monday - November 30th

 Hello & Good Morning.  The last day of November 2020.  I am not sure if I'm happy that it's already November 30th because then tomorrow is December 1st & out side lights can go on, or am I sad that another month ends which brings us closer to the end of 2020 - another year gone.  Well, not to spend too much time pondering that, let's make the most of the day.

I spent a lot of the weekend getting Christmas things out of boxes & into place of pride.  I really like my Santa collection & it is one of the first things I put out.  I got everyone on board with a few staged Christmas photos. Everyone putting on their best "elf" smile.  I send my photos out for printing at the end of each month & I've got some layout ideas I am just itching to try, so I need those photos now rather the end of December.

Someone in the neighbourhood, a few streets over, had her inflatables out & up earlier this month.  She is one of the few that has inflatables that keeps them inflated 24/7.  Many people only power them at night so in the day time they look like bedraggled carcasses on the lawn.  My photos are "Night & Day".  IMO, Some things just aren't better in the light of day ... I'll say no more.


 And of course yesterday was the first Sunday in Advent.  Our church also celebrated the official completion of work making our church building accessible for all.  We received a government grant in 2019 & we were finally able to find workers to complete the project last month.  The mayor of our village along with the oldest person in our church (she's 95 yrs) cut the red ribbon on the door that now is ground level to allow wheelchair access.


I'll see you Tuesday for some Wisdom sharing.


"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

16 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about those inflatables - nothing looks quite so sad as a flat Father Christmas laying on the lawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the inflatables make decorating so much easier for many ... IMO more than 3 are too many (col).

      Delete
  2. I don't have outdoor lights or decorations, and don't decorate indoors until Christmas Eve - I only do the twelve days of Christmas! I will go out for a nighttime walk/drive to enjoy the lights though.

    I like the LOTR quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find starting December 1st gives me more than enough time to 12th night to enjoy the season & the decorations. I am not liking advertisements that say the 12 days of Christmas before Christmas - that is so messed up, IMO

      Delete
  3. It's fun to see how different people do their decorations. I like your Advent wreath. Congratulations on your church's accessibility completion. Love the Tolkien quote. It's appropriate during this pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have been doing my Advent ring the same for at least 10 years. I add a all white statue of Mary, Jesus & Joseph to the ring on Christmas Day, when I change the candles to all white.

      Delete
  4. Your quote from the Tolkien book is so timely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was so meaningful now, plus I always like to quote anything from one of my favourite books.

      Delete
  5. That is a great quote! Especially at this time!

    Looks like your neighbor is ready for the holidays! I didn't decorate last year, but, I think I will be decorating this year! All my decorations are indoors, except for the wreath on the front door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many people will be going all out this year in decorations both indoors & outdoors. Locally Christmas trees, both real & artificial, are already in short supply since everyone is home (or suppose to be) for Christmas, they'll need a tree.

      Delete
  6. We spent the weekend decorating as well. I love the way the house sparkles with lights and candles. This year Tracy put lights on the new wrought iron railings on the patio which we can see from the kitchen, dining room and parts of the living room. Clearly, they are just for us since they're in the back yard, but I need sparkly lights this year more than ever! Sarah asked for a handcrafted Advent wreath as a Christmas gift this year (she'll need to use something else this year), and I ordered one for myself. It's on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also have a string of lights on the fence in the back garden, like you, I need the light shining in the darkness. I've seen some really creative & beautiful Advent wreaths, please do post a photo of your new one. I would like to have one made of natural evergreens, but alas the kitty girls would dis-assemble or re-arrange in no time.

      Delete
  7. We spent the weekend (& some of last week!) getting our Christmas decorations up inside the house & a wreath on the door. Only have two little projects to complete & still pondering if we'll do more outside this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your F/B post of the December mantle display - very nice. Our outside is done, the ground & snow make it near impossible to add to (col). I often wonder at these massive outdoor displays - where do they store during the non-Christmas season!

      Delete
  8. My goodness, that's a lot of light and colour! We don't see many inflatables here so it's really interesting to look at your photos. That's wonderful to hear that your church is fully accessible to all - such a great way to start the new church year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Christmas I prefer lights & simple elegant arrangements rather than the many & bright (lol). I just heard that the grant did not cover the whole of the renovation - yikes, adds to our burdening debt.

      Delete