Tuesday, October 12, 2021

31 Days of Thankful: 6-11th

 

Source: Internet

For October I'll be posting Thankful Tuesday & sharing what I have been grateful for during the week. 

October 6:  my library ladies; during all the lockdowns & restrictions, the ladies of the library ensured I was able to visit with old friends, meet new ones, travel about in new to me series & discover things about some people I really didn't want to know but needed to.  Delivering chocolates to them to say thank you was a joy.

October 7: quote to trim 3 more trees was quite reasonable & not as much cut back is required.

October 8: a very unexpected gift in the mail from a fellow stamper, card maker. I am constantly in awe of her generosity towards me.

October 9: a washer & dryer at home, making laundry day a lot easier when it is just up & down the stairs.  Also it makes it easier to get a little crafting in between loads!

October 10: a splendid Thanksgiving dinner shared with those I love the most. A friend brought us two slices of her very fancy 4 layer pumpkin cake. Oh so good & I'm most thankful that there was only 2 slices, so no further temptation! 

October 11: a beautiful weather day, one to be in the garden. There are still butterflies, bees & birds fliting about & of course my chipmunks still visit gathering up as many peanuts as possible before the big snooze.



19 comments:

  1. I endorse all your "thankfuls". We are so fortunate to be blessed with family, friends and good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, in spite of all the craziness out there, we are living with many blessings. My motto for the last 18-19 months has been "not stuck at home, safe at home".

      Delete
  2. Lovely reasons to be thankful, this week. :) Glad you enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving dinner and your friend bringing you slices of her pumpkin cake. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally my friends are not food exchangers, so the cake slices were a delicious surprise :) Thankfully my prepared dessert was able to go into the freezer & I can share later in the month.

      Delete
  3. I second your gratitude to the library ladies (and men, in our case.) For much of the lock-down we were able to reserve books online and pick them in a brown paper bag without going into the library. I know some had difficulty concentrating during the worst of the pandemic, but reading, crafting, and cooking saved me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My library ladies are gems & all but 1 were new to our branch during the pandemic, so I've yet to meet them properly. I chuckle because I become quickly known to the new staff & several times after ringing the bell for curbside pick up, they would greet me by name & others waiting said "must be nice to be so known" & I would say "it is a blessing" :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Indeed we are very blessed & while I do a gratitude list every night, this exercise is a good reminder of how truly grateful I am for all we have.

      Delete
  5. A great bunch of things to be grateful for, especially a lovely thanksgiving dinner with those you love and who love you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. It was just Mr Man & me with the fur girls.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you were able to share Thanksgiving dinner with friends, and that you were treated to unexpected cake! And happy mail is always something to be appreciated and savoured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. Happy Mail is indeed a fun thing to find in the mailbox.

      Delete
  7. I'm with you on the joys of library staff and I'm they enjoyed the chocolates.
    Happy belated Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the feeling of being known to the library staff - all in a good way.

      Delete
  8. How lovely to have shared food and friendship at Thanksgiving and to have these lovely people in your life ... Yes, library staff are unsung heroes; lockdowns would have been harder without their splendid efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without all the books & DVDs it would certainly have made lockdown restrictions even more difficult to live.

      Delete
  9. Crafting in between loads is my favorite laundry day beat as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes knowing I have limited time to craft, makes me craft more efficiently - if that's possible (lol).

      Delete