Wednesday, September 07, 2016

SNAP - I Was Here, On The Path

Linking in with some very Snappy folks along with our hostess Helena at:  SNAP.    Have a peek at what everyone else has found as a two to four photo collection this week & then join in - go on, you know you want to.

This week my collection are the Inukshuks that I see, from the small found in my garden, the roadside builds, garden centre mascots, to  the huge found at corporate offices. 

Inukshuk, the singular of inuksuit, means "in the likeness of a human" in the Inuit language. They are monuments made of unworked stones that are used by the Inuit for communication and survival. The traditional meaning of the inukshuk is "Someone was here" or "You are on the right path."

 
found in my garden
















  
road side find


 
garden centre mascot



 
huge corporate mascot
















12 comments:

  1. Love this collection - I like the differences in how the stones are used while they are all ecognisable - when I was on holiday in Teneriffe last year there were a lot on one beach - must ahve been some Canadian visitors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love them! That first one reminds me a little of a Scottish cairn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding these as we travel. A great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Great how they are the same but different. (I want to find one in my garden too!) The garden centre one is my fave, reminds me of the Michelin man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You see these all over here in my town.
    My one friend makes one when she walks a new trail or area :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous and interesting collection for Snap! so creative Mary-Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really interesting Snap! We don't have anything like that round here

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great SNAP! They remind me of the cairns on the Coast to Coast path we walked this summer. We were also so happy to spot one!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  9. What clever bits of art! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I leant something new today and enjoyed it very much indeed - what a wonderful concept and set of photos.

    ReplyDelete