Monday, August 07, 2017

Memo, Mail & Me: It's Monday August 7th


Good Morning & greetings on this holiday Monday.  In this part of the world, it's known as Civic Day although I think Toronto refers to it as Simcoe Day.  No matter it's a holiday & a quick check in from me.
Canada 150 Rose of Sharon


Thankful: that Saturday's miserable weather day which included gusting winds, did no real damage, just knocked a few things about.

 Reading: Inheritance From Mother which is a translation from Japanese to English.  There are several very notable thoughts about dealing with Mother / Daughter relationships.  I didn't love this book; liked some parts of it; found it very wordy.



Inspired by: the beauty & details of a butterflies wings.  We have been trying to attract Monarch Butterflies to our gardens for several years & this year seems to be the year our efforts have paid off.

Learning: more of the workings of my blog platform; Blogger.  Like so many other bloggers, I am wondering where I'm going with it, how I can make changes, make improvements . More to learn yet.


What Made Me Chuckle:  As southern Ontario Canadians, we know only too well that winter is coming.  This highway is actually called James Snow Parkway but someone thought to rename it & it stayed this way for almost a day before the powers to be changed it back to the official name.  Boring ...

 Hope everyone has a marvelous day & week ahead. 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, look at those bubbles - another one to tick off your list eh?!
    Love the butterfly. My husband is always trying to encourage more butterflies into our garden and would be very jealous of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun on the morning I blew those bubbles, I had myself in fits of giggles ... now that I see the photo, I may definitely use this in the PSH.

      Delete
  2. That rose is lovely, I initially thought it was a type of poppy. Good bubble photo, too. I need to get back to my scavenger hunt list ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just about done on the list, there's a few I want to fine tune in selection. There are so many colours for Rose of Sharon; I have about 12 little plants from a purple red one. Not sure where I will plant but I need to have a pink one.

      Delete
  3. I love your butterfly photo! Funnily enough I passed a garden the other day with those flowers growing, and they made me think of you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me. Pink Coneflowers this year are doing so well. My white version is struggling a little, maybe next year.

      Delete
  4. Lovely butterfly and bubbles. Yes I think we all question where our blogging is taking us but please don't disappear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This butterfly was very good at staying put while I took many many photos. Not leaving blogging, just wondering how to improve. That learning curve was what no comments last Monday was about.

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous photo of the Monarch butterfly. I saw my first one this summer last week while walking a labyrinth. I got a decent shot with my iPhone, but nothing as lovely as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. This particular one fed quite a while on the Coneflowers, now if I can get the yellow Swallowtail to sit longer I'll have a match set!

      Delete
  6. A fun post to read and such beautiful photographs! That flower is stunning and I am happy to hear that you are getting your butterflies. I still enjoy blogging although I have been lazy as of late. I am trying to motivate myself to get back to it more regularly. Yes Winter... August comes and then before you know it. LOL I just bought some wool for a new knit cowl and I'm making soup today. I'm already slipping into fall mode. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the old saying about easy living in the summer time really applies to blogging. Blogging should never feel like a task, well at least in my thought process ... we have had several mornings of waking to +10(c)! Winter is coming!

      Delete
  7. Oh, such lovely photos in your post today! We've had a mild summer (only a few days in the 100s), but I can't imagine thinking about winter coming just yet. :)

    I had to do a search for Jon Snow . . . obviously I've not seen Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that winter of any kind is several months away (col). Thankfully we have not had too many heat alert days, so our A/C is getting a break. We don't get HBO, so I am always a season behind in GoT (Game of Thrones), I like to watch on tape so I can fast forward the nastier scenes.

      Delete