Monday, February 19, 2018

Me on A Monday - February 19th

Good Morning.  Hope everyone is doing well.  It's a holiday Monday here in Ontario, Alberta & Saskatchewan & New Brunswick - Family Day.  Last Monday it was Family Day in BC.  You would think that all of Canada would celebrate the day together.




Currently I Am:

Reading:  just finished The New Mrs Clifton.  I did not like the characters, I would not invite any of them for tea.
Watching:  a bonded pair of coyotes that live in the wood lot on the edge of the farmer's field up the hill from us.  In the last two previous springs, this pair have raised 2-3 pups each year.  Their early, 4am, morning calling is quite wild & spine tingling.  I must say they look like a very healthy pair.  Sometimes, as was this day, they are bold enough to be about in the late morning.  Lucky us.



Doing:  we had a friend for dinner, he's Mr Man's friend since kindergarten which ties to,

Making:  I made the men a meatloaf, with mashed potatoes, gravy & for all of us roasted carrots, brussel sprouts, parsnips, & broccoli. I had a soy product for my protein item.  I made my traditional Christmas trifle which I did not make this Christmas because it was too much sweet treats to have.  Thankfully there is left overs of everything.  I should have taken photos as I made everything up for the WPSH; in the making.

Listening To:  spa music at bedtime as a method of relaxing before sleep along with deep"belly" breathing  There's no sounds of water on this CD, which I do enjoy when I am awake but at bed time it makes me want to/need to get up - I'll say no more ...

Gifting:  Mr Man bought me this wrap shawl & scarf. 


Planning:  for an adventure to break the winter doldrums.

"Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you.  Live today with gusto."  Dale Carnegie




14 comments:

  1. I did smile about not inviting the book's characters to tea ... they weren't an easy bunch to like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to like the characters in the book, after all they had all been through so much, but I just could not care about them. Still glad I read.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours in those scarves. I cannot imagine having coyotes so close to my home - I bet their noises are really spooky in the early hours of the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many have a hate/fear relationship with the coyotes of the area. I know they are fearsome hunters & have become bold with "civilization" living so close together. I try to respect nature, keep my cats indoors & thank them for ridding us of troublesome raccoons. Mr Man knows anything with pink will be a hit.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Family Day or that author. I'll look into her, thx! We're urban here, but some people see coyotes. It's fun to see wild animals from a safe spot ;) and anything that keeps the raccoon population down sounds good. An adventure will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family Day is fairly new, we are trying to have at least one long weekend a month, still need one for June & November. I really don't like raccoons & our local populations have increased levels of distemper, so yes, thank you Mr & Mrs Coyote. Our adventure plans are subject to change depending on the weather ...

      Delete
    2. Raccoons sometimes get into attics around here and cause all kinds of damage, but some people actually put out food for them. I hope your adventure works out in a way that suits you.

      Delete
  4. I don't enjoy a book when I don't like the characters. Tom Wolfe's The Bonfire of the Vanities comes to mind. We read it for book group years ago, or I would have never finished it. Didn't like any of the characters in the least! Lovely gifts from Mr. Man! I've never heard of Family Day either---interesting to know why they started it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have been treated by your man!
    And I really like your coyotes in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. Mr Man can sometimes discover just the right treat, he knows if it's pink, it's got an 90% of being perfect (lol). While I didn't get a photo today, but a very brief sighting of a single coyote which was very wet & muddy - record breaking amounts of rain today, all day.

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a wonderful family day :)
    During a stressful health scare, I would do the deep breathing and listen to calming sounds to ease my mind before/as I was going to sleep...it really works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. Family Day was all day rain, so it involved me practicing my stamping & making birthday cards. Yes my CD along with deep breathing is to de-stress myself at bedtime. Last night it did not work so well, but I am not giving up on the technique ...

      Delete
  7. Oh, what a great photo of the coyotes! And the shawl & scarf are so very lovely!! Planning an adventure sounds like FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The shawl was hard to wear at work so maybe I need to wear when there won't be so much arm action!

      Delete