Thursday, April 19, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Not The Weather

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in. What have you noticed this week?   

While it would be so easy to talk about the horrible nasty weather,  instead I'll share what I did while we had 4 days of weather induced forced house confinement  - I sorted & organized:




Many Canadians like to make lots of jokes & chat about weather, so I am adding a little video clip about weather forecasting in Canada that is making the rounds on FaceBook; Blogs & such.  Rick Mercer is a beloved Canadian TV host, comedian & icon - he had a weekly TV show which he just retired from after 15 funny years.  Thanks Rick for all the laughs & hang on Ontario, better weather is forecasted!

Seven Day Forecast

14 comments:

  1. And there was me thinking that it was just us Brits who talked about the weather! Glad you were able to use the enforced at home time usefully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that video - and as Ruth says, we are always led to believe it's only us Brits who obsess with the weather! But oh how organised you are now with your wardrobe, so the enforced house confinement wasn't for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the video. In humour he addressed the reality of forecasting being dart throwing rather than real science (lol).

      Delete
  3. This weather! Isn't _everybody_ talking about it? We had a high yesterday of 79 F and an expected high today of 55. So weird. But closet organizing is important, and it looks like you accomplished a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think weather is the universal ice breaker in any conversation. I need to tackle the front hall closet but that is one for when winter is over & I can sort through coats, boots, hats etc.

      Delete
  4. Sorting & organizing are perfect activities for those indoor days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've had enough indoor activities for a few days, I want to go for a nice long walk, but first the ice has to melt ...

      Delete
  5. Great video! I get the feeling you like pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the video. Oh yes pink, but I've notice there's a lot of royal blue & green in the closet!

      Delete
  6. Yep, I've been cleaning out closets, too. But it looks like an end to winter is coming. Today is the second sunny day in a row, and it's supposed to start warming up tomorrow. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to tackle the front hall closet once we don't need the coats,boots & hats; I need to sort what needs repairing, what needs cleaning & what needs to be sent out.

      Delete
  7. What I have noticed about your photos, is you like pink :)
    Mine would be burgundy, lol.
    It was actually nice out today and I helped my daughter organize a bit and went for a walk with my grandson :)
    The snow is actually melting and I can see dead grass, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our snow & Ice are rapidly melting & the promise is for rising temperatures all week. Could this really be winter's departure? Oh yes pink is a favourite lol

      Delete