Thursday, February 21, 2019

Take Three Thursday - Cool Beauty

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  

Please have a peek at what others are noticing this week:
Melissa at: Bits & Pieces 
Mrs Wookie at: Mrs Wookies Wanderings
Alexa at: Trimming The Sails    
 
Karen at: Random Reflections

I am so over winter & all its restrictions of cold & snow, so this week I am really trying to find beauty in this winter - I know it abounds if I look.    Today I share some of the beauty I found & saw.

 One thing I particularly like about this stand of evergreens, is that no matter how much snow we get, it looks the same, it holds its own against the storms ... truly ever green.



"He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder & admiration in winter."   John Burroughs




He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter. John Burroughs
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/john_burroughs_760846

He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter. John Burroughs
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/john_burroughs_760846?src=t_winter
He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter. John Burroughs
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/john_burroughs_760846?src=t_winter

11 comments:

  1. Great photos ... but cold! The stand of evergreens would make a nice Christmas image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. I drove past the evergreens this afternoon & all the snow is gone off their branches after a morning in sunshine. I'll keep the idea of Christmas card at the back of my mind - good idea.

      Delete
  2. I like the bottom one! The pattern of the river edges is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. This smaller part of the river moves quite quickly so it takes some deep cold to freeze up totally.

      Delete
  3. My favourite time is the early morning after a snowfall - everything glistens as the sun rises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the scenes just after a fresh snowfall. This morning I noticed in the still darkness of dawn that the recent ice rain has left a glistening sheet across the snow covered field behind us. It's so pretty, like diamonds scattered across the open field.

      Delete
  4. You're right; there is beauty out there if only we look closely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit Karen I have been very unfriendly to winter this year, saying some rather nasty things about it, so I owe it to myself to find the beauty & it reminds me how lucky I am to live close by to some really wonderful natural surroundings.

      Delete
  5. Your winter seems to be lasting a very long time, arrived early and still no signs of going! While it is without doubt very beautiful, I would imagine that you are ready for spring to arrive now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. February has been unusually stormy month - we are bracing for a Sunday into Monday storm :(

      I am so over winter & ready for weather that allows to me just walk outside without fear of slipping on ice & not having to wear at least 10 pounds of additional clothing ...

      Delete
  6. hope this frozen cold is over soon.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete