Thursday, February 14, 2019

Take Three Thursday - Of The Heart

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  

Please have a peek at what others are noticing this week:
Melissa at: Bits & Pieces 
Mrs Wookie at: Mrs Wookies Wanderings
Alexa at: Trimming The Sails  
 
Karen at: Random Reflections

This week my noticing are all about affairs of the heart,  because today is Valentines Day.  I am a great believer in love & not that love conquers all, but that traveling through life with love makes the journey hopefully sweeter.  In my opinion, that traveling doesn't necessarily have to be with another of our own kind, but even with the love of 4 legs & fur ...

Over the years I have collected, mostly for the PSHs, heart shapes, so today I share three of those.

A stone/rock in the shape of a heart

 
How I put bird seed out for my feathered friends
A potato in the shape of a heart

"Love is Love, it can never be explained"

14 comments:

  1. I love, love, love what you did with the bird seed ... is there an 'after' photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got an after photo - but that's a great idea - next feeding I'll remember to do that. My Morning Doves are the only "love birds" right now, the Blue Jays are just a noisy gang trying to build up street cred with the fly in fly out ...

      Delete
  2. SO cute - how did you do the bird seed without making footprints? Love the tattie!

    Glad you're back :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Ella, "the great sulk" is over (col). The snow is crusted with a layer of ice so there aren't any footprints. We had some tattie love this afternoon, aka as chips/french fries :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! I've missed you. Great idea for a Valentine's Day post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I'm not sure my "great sulk" really changed/improved much - but not checking in with my blog friends & sharing seemed to be less helpful than I thought. Although I'm going to stick with my restriction of Pinterest - it's just as bad as Instagram!

      Delete
  4. Oh, these are fantastic heart photos!!!

    I laughed at your comment about needing to de-frizz your hair ... I can't imagine what I would do if I lived where it was really dry and cold for long periods; I tend to attract lots of static electricity during those times. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Melissa this region is of such weather extremes. My hair suffers the dryness of winter indoor heating & then the humidity of summer - I would like to think it's my amazing personality that gives the shocks, alas it's the dryness & carpet!

      Delete
  5. I hope those birds appreciated all the trouble you went to with making that heart shape!
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Blue Jays believe it is their due ... the Crows muscle in but my little Morning Doves seem to thank us & those tiny Sparrow like birds come in droves so I think they are thankful.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! You old softie you ... with the heart shaped bird seed. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. During this bout of horrible weather I feel so bad for nature's offspring, so we try to help where & when we can. I still struggle over feeding the squirrels - BUT - they do provide much needed distraction & entertainment.

      Delete
  7. Well spotted! And kudos to your extra effort for the birds.

    ReplyDelete