Monday, May 27, 2019

Me On A Monday - May 27th

Good morning & happy Monday.  I would say that the last week & weekend were not very exciting ... lots of hours spent working, running errands & finally on Sunday afternoon a few hours in the garden. 

Excited to say we have a Robin nesting in our very large spruce tree in the front garden.  We are keeping a close eye on the easterly neighbours' cat that roams freely, that she doesn't bother our Mother Robin.  We haven't had any baby birds for a couple of years.  Fingers crossed.

Our date night last week was an evening running errands & a quick dinner at McDonalds.  I had their time limited Nova Scotia haddock "fish & chips".  The fish was quite nice, but I'm not a great fan of the chips (fries) from McDonalds, too salty for my tastes.  We indulged in the ice cream treat of The Nanaimo Bar McFlurry.  I've been fortunate enough to have had a real Nanaimo Bar in Nanaimo BC, where the treat was first made.  I can report that this ice cream treat is a close second to the actual bar.
 
Source: Internet
Our little village is building an extension to our community park.  The land that is adjacent at the back of the existing park was donated by a local farmer.  The original farmer passed & his family did not want to continue with the diary operations so did not need the acreage for crops & pasture.  The daughter that inherited the farm divided the property into thirds.  She kept a third for her gardening/greenhouse business; sold a third to a developer for housing & gave a third to the township.  This is phase II of the expansion, walking paths & trails.  It will include in phase III, a leash free fenced area for dogs.   I'm trying to get out twice a month to take photos of the progress to keep a visual record of the changes & development.

We have had lots of rains, so lots of flooding.

I am using one of the photos I took from our bedroom window of the down pour from Saturday's storm, as an entry for the SPSH - #4 Blurried Vision

How is everyone doing with the search for the SPSH?  I had made my own rule, that I was going to try to get most photos off the patio, to encourage myself to adventures.  First link in is June 14th.  

and a post script - my Thursday post decided to ignore my scheduled time & flash live to which I've corrected - technology!!!

9 comments:

  1. I ticked a few off the list during our holiday to Portugal last week and look forward to seeing how everyone else is doing on June 14th. I like your 'blurred vision', I'm trying to think of something that will fit that criteria - I like to have to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for vacations & adventures to present ideas for the SPSH.

      Delete
  2. It took me awhile to get going, but while we were away I did get photos of several items on the SPSH. Hoping to get the photos edited today sometime between gardening and a trip to the Finger Lakes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the Finger Lakes are so pretty - you'll have lots of finds there I'm sure.

      Delete
  3. Those irises are lovely. Robins are delightful, aren't they! Cats belong inside -I have strong feelings about the damage they do to our native wildlife :) What a generous gift to the community! Parks are such an important contribution to any town. We've had so much rain but are getting sunshine and highs in the 90s now. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that cats not on farms, need to be inside. I'm now sad to report that the nest was abandoned without eggs, I think the cat was worrying Mama bird too much. We have been told our long range summer forecast is for a wet warm summer.

      Delete
  4. Nice flowers, and that's the biggest McFlurry I've ever seen! Sorry about all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That McFlurry is just for advertisement, our real life version is less than half that, to which my waistline thanks me. I'm going to take the rain as a forced break to indoor sorting & reading :)

      Delete
  5. Sorry to read the robins didn't stay ... That's a great 'blurred vision' photo. I think we have quite a few like that too. I may end up envying you your summer - ours looks set to be wet and cold :(.

    ReplyDelete