Thursday, May 16, 2019

Take Three Thursday - The Buzz About Town

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.    What have you noticed this week? 

See what others have noticed this week:

Maggie at: Farmer's Wife Day By Day
Melissa at Daily Life - Bits & Pieces
Karen at Random Reflections


This week what I've noticed are the bees in my garden.  Although so far none of taken up residence in our bee house.  There's quite a low drone in the lower part of the garden, which is where these tiny blue, rather invasion, flowers are.  Seems to be nectar of the Gods for the bees.  I'm not sure what type of bee these are, I just know they are not Bumble Bees.  These could be Honey Bees or they could be Mason Bees, all types are most welcome in my garden.  Just not hornets, I don't like hornets.





16 comments:

  1. I love the sound of bees in a garden 🐝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is something about the sound of bees that just seems so positive.

      Delete
  2. That's a beautiful blue. I love having bees as well. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a pretty flower; I honestly cannot remember what they are called but they are a bulb & quite invasion because the little blossoms turn to pea like seeds & grow from that ... the bees are the reason I keep them.

      Delete
  3. Great captures! Bees are absolutely the sound of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. I like that, bees are the sound of summer. :)

      Delete
  4. We've just started seeing the bees again. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I know the local bee keepers are providing lots of free workshops at the library as to how home owners can help the bees, what to plant, what not to spray - it's very informative.

      Delete
  5. We don't get many bees here, so your photos are most welcome :) And you got such clear shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that the cereal makers of Cheerios is sending everyone packages of free sunflower seeds to encourage everyone to grow "food" for the bees.

      Delete
  6. Well caught on camera. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes invasive plants are the only ones that keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several of those mistakes from my first gardening days. I curse Snow on the Mountain every year.

      Delete