Monday, June 12, 2023

Me On A Monday - June 12th

Good Morning.  I trust that everyone has survived the weekend of weather & politics.

We had a little rain on Friday which helped a lot with the smoke from the Northern Ontario & Quebec wildfires.  For the first part of the week, we couldn't be outside for more than 5 minutes before our eyes started to water. There was such a smoke haze about, which put an end to our outdoor plans for our anniversary celebrations.  We went with plan F & I'll keep the surprise outing to another time for us.  By Friday I was feeling a bit cranky not being able to be outside in my garden at all.  Thankful that those wildfires are somewhat under control.  Sad to say that wildfires in British Columbia, our most western province, are spreading.  If ever there was a stare in the face reminder about climate change, this is it. I'll say no more.

Blogger has been playing up again for me.  There's no help online or from the actual Blogger group (none that I could find anyway).  I've read a few online suggestions from other Blogger users.  I know that it is a real hit & miss for users, some experience no problems while many face nothing but problems.  It has me thinking about where & what I want to do about my own blog space.  It's been 8 years of blogging for me this month.  Is it time to move to a new platform?  Do I want to learn another platform? Stick it out with Blogger? Stop blogging or just work around the bad moods of Blogger?  It really is a More or Less question.

I have tried to load photos repeatedly but Blogger will have none of it.  I was hoping to share the glorious blooms of my many iris plants; whites; wine; purple, yellow with purple & a return of my peach iris.  Herbaceous peonies are starting to bloom, as are the two Mock Orange shrubs that I have ... oh the scent is light but sweet.  I stand for several minutes at each shrub deep breathing in their fragrance.  The poppies are popping & my roses have buds of promise.  It's a glorious time & I wish I could share it with all of you.

Not a lot on for this week.  Meal planning is done, grocery order placed for pick up later today. It is the time of year when we move into fresh produce & salads.  We are waiting to hear back from the eye surgeon's office on a next eye stint surgery at the end of July.  

I'll leave you with this thought about one of my own family battles  ...  clothes too dirty for the closet, but too clean for the laundry ... welcome to the chair!



25 comments:

  1. If Blogger isn’t uploading photos, you could possibly copy and paste them and skip the normal workflow. It’s cumbersome, but it might work while the problem gets sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John for that tip. I'll give it a go. I have used some swear words on Blogger in trying to post photos. I think there are now hurt feelings.

      Delete
  2. I have a place for those clothes, as well!
    It has been a pain, but I've tried Wordpress and didn't like it. I'll just muddle through. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I'm reading Jenn, Word Press is a whole level up of skill needed. I'm trying to wean certain people from the Chair-drobe or the Floor-drobe.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about posting problems of your photos. Hope you can find some resolution to this handicap. Like so many problems these days, we resourceful people try to find a way around them. I know the modifier is wrong on that sentence! Anyway, I will imagine your beautiful flowers until you can post photos again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Barbara ... I'm sure Blogger & I will make up eventually. I just don't want to be spending more time looking for work arounds on something that is suppose to be fun; other parts of my life where I have to use technology has me busy enough trying to find "a think outside of the box" solutions (col).

      Delete
  4. We used to joke that my daughter had a 'floor-drobe' What a shame that we can't see your beautiful flowers - hopefully blogger will start to play nicely again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like floor-drobe. I have a laundry rule, if it is not in the basket/hamper, I don't go looking for things on the floor or chairs so there's a good chance it won't get washed.

      Delete
  5. Well, I hope you won't choose the option to stop blogging, but I do understand your frustration! Wish I could see your beautiful flowers. The deer ate ALL the buds from my rose bush--they've never been at that plant before. Our peonies are beautiful and I have a pitcher filled with them on the kitchen table. Much to my delight, my lupines have returned and they, too, are blooming, It will be awhile before we see many of the other flowers bursting forth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My peonies are just now coming to bloom & oh the scent. A pitcher fill of peonies would be lovely ... except my fur girls would attack! Funny you mention Lupines, a previous neighbour brought me 4 little baby Lupines from her garden, so I can have them again. I'm trying to be friends with Blogger, it is certainly one of those relationships that are hard to figure out (col). I did not know deer would eat rose buds!

      Delete
  6. Ha ha..... I like that .... clothes too dirty for the closet, but too clean for the laundry ... welcome to the chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this quote when reading up about how often we should really be washing our clothes - it's not as often as we think. It was eye opening.

      Delete
  7. What a shame - I would love to have seen your gorgeous garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall continue to try with the photos ... right now the garden is absolutely lovely. The rain really helped.

      Delete
  8. I hope your wildfires will soon be under control and the air quality improves so you can enjoy your garden. I'm sorry you aren't able to post your photos. I don't know how you usually post your photos, but, what I do is, since all my photos are taken with the cell phone, I email myself the photos, then, save them to my computer and download from the computer. So far, it has worked well. To be quite honest, I really don't know any other way to post my photos!
    As for the clothes that can be worn again before washing, I have hooks behind a couple of doors and they'll hang there. When I was growing up, we had wooden racks that were called "clothes horses" and worn clothes were hung on them to air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of hooks like yours in my closet, Mr Man seems to prefer the chair style! I've tried a couple different ways of posting photos ... Blogger doesn't seem to like my efforts, but I went through this before & Blogger's mood improved & I could post photos again. It's like living with a 3 year's moods!!

      Delete
  9. I hope that the fires are all under control now and that you can get back out in your garden. I can almost smell those blooms from here.
    Blogger can be a pain but I tried Wordpress and didn't like it as much, so just stick to what I know. I just change my layout every so often for a change.
    I hope you hear back soon about Mr Mans surgery.
    Oh and I have a chair like that too in our bedroom :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading up on WordPress, I think it's beyond some of my "fun" skills desire, but you never know. I've had the same header/background since I started - maybe time for a change. The rain has definitely helped the garden, it was so thirsty & now the air quality is back to "normal".

      Delete
  10. The wild fires have been incredible - lots of photos of yellow skies along the Eastern Seaboard in the UK press.
    I moved to Word Press when Blogger annoyed me too much, but there is an annual fee.
    The chair in our bedroom is referred to as The Brainy One's chairdrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL to TBO's chairdrobe. Mr Man has something similar. I'm going to give Blogger a bit more of a chance. Blogging is suppose to be for fun. The Ontario & Quebec wildfires are very scary & I am most thankful that for us, the smoke has dissipated, but now the western fires are drifting this way.

      Delete
  11. Glad I'm not the only one who tackles clothes washing in that way. Had a similar discussion with a colleague once, who said she put everything straight back in the wash, whether she'd worn it for one day or one hour. Gosh - bad for the clothes, bad for the bills and most of all bad for the planet! Fortunately another workmate backed me up so I didn't feel like a total slob.

    I for one would like to see the irises, as and when you can...

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading articles about how often we really should be washing our clothes, especially denim jeans. I'm trying with Blogger, there have been swear words used!

      Delete
    2. Oh & glad to see that allowing anonymous it seems to be working for you - yeah!

      Delete
  12. I moved to WordPress because Blogger wouldn't let me do all the things I wanted to do. But oh, my stars, WordPress has tried my patience. Today it is working, so we are friends...but tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technology companies often prompt the ease of use for their product; I think they sometimes exaggerate. Ruth mentioned that there is a cost for Word Press & my budget doesn't allow for that at this time, so I'll be sticking it out with Blogger for now ... glad you are joining in the SPSH :)

      Delete