Monday, April 08, 2024

Me On A Monday - April 8th

 

  • “Nothing ever seems impossible in spring, you know.” — L. M. Montgomery
2024 Potential Daffodils In My Garden

Good Morning. It was a beautiful day on Sunday.  We spent a lot of time in the garden, tidying up from last week's wintery winds; lots of twigs & branches broken off & laying all about the garden. The one thing that continues to baffle us, is all the oak leaves in the garden.  There aren't any oak trees growing in our garden or anywhere on our street.  They must blow in across the farmer's field at the back of garden.

At this time of year, for many of us, our minds & energy often turn to our homes & spring cleaning.  I read an interesting article about loving our home as it is.  One quote from this article really struck a cord with me.

"Making a conscious decision to appreciate our homes in their current state while nurturing a sense of enthusiasm for potential enhancements allows us to create a home we truly love and want to care for.  And you know what’s even better? Gratitude kicks comparison to the curb! So take a deep breath, let go of all those pesky comparisons and unrealistic expectations, and keep them out for good! Instead, focus on being grateful for the unique haven that is YOUR home!"  Yvonne Pratt - Stone Gable. 

A link to the full article: Stone Gable -5 Ways To Love The Home We Are In

  • “Your home should tell the story of who you are & be a collection of what you love.” — Nate Berkus

12 comments:

  1. Spring cleaning/decluttering is obviously in the air! I spent an hour in the garden yesterday, just weeding and generally tidying up and it looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tidying in the garden right feels very rewarding doesn't it. We are to get a few days of rain this week, so that should soften the ground for some weed removal by Friday.

      Delete
  2. I’m trying to just put everything back where it belongs, it’s funny how things migrate around the house especially after the grandchildren have been round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great migration of things always surprises me, especially that of tea mugs.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for letting me let go of the guilt associated with housework with your quotes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to help when I can Chris (col). I hate dusting & feel guilty that I let it go too long, but it just keeps coming back!

      Delete
  4. The need to declutter never ends, but most of it is pretty well-organized--which does not mean it should stay! I'm really happy with my home and that makes it even harder to get to the decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think decluttering for crafters takes on a whole other resolve, which I lack right now (col). I will never be a minimalist, so there will always be stuff to re-home, remove, & sort through. :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you get plenty of daffodils this spring! I see lots of bulbs! I need to get some spring cleaning done! Thank you for the link to the article; I shall read it. I do appreciate my home and am grateful for having a home of my own. It has sheltered me and mine and I bless it each night before I go to sleep. It needs some TLC and maintenance, though. I just need to put the wheels into motion to get those things done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home ownership is a blessing & I know how blessed I am with mine. There just seems to be a lot TLC needed right now for a few too many, so I wrestle with just replace or renew to improve. It's a lengthy article & I don't agree with all that she writes, but like anything I read, take what I need at the moment, leave what I don't. :)

      Delete
  6. I saw our first daff yesterday. It was in an odd spot. I htink the squirrels must have planted it although I have heard that they don’t like daffs. /AC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not unconvinced squirrels have a designer gene that if they don't eat the daffodils, they at least will redesign the plantings (col).

      Delete