Monday, October 26, 2015

Me On Monday - October 26th

Linking in with Sian and all the enthusiastic Monday wavers connecting through http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.ca/

Myself walking a local pathway
This Monday finds me along with the rest of Canada either wondering or celebrating the result of our voting privilege last Monday - Justin Trudeau is our next Canadian Prime Minister / busy busy at the clinic, so many changes & adjustments with new staff, new procedures, new hours. It is interesting to me how much my own behaviour (energy) can influence (?) the enthusiasm of others at work.  Twice this week I went into the clinic on my time off to do some tidying & sorting of a couple areas that just drive me crazy; it was like I was giving permission to others to roll up their sleeves & dig in.  It feels good to have a tidy, junk free work environment; it felt like a team / lots of walking over the past week & weekend, back to exceeding those 10,000 steps a day, just wish I could get more of a grip on my eating habits; I need to grab myself by the shoulders & shake - health! don't mess about, stop starting! / happy dance, happy dance, as I was one of the 3 very lucky winners of  Deb's Paper Turtle (http://paperturtle.blogspot.ca/)  mandala kits - it has been a loooonnnnggg time since I have won anything - Thank You Deb / running some errands got me some new materials of Pairs / wallowing in the reading of Sophie's World - I have given up as time ran out on this library book loan / a recommendation from Ruth started with the first in C.J. Sansom's Shardlake series; Dissolution,  / happy to have Mr Man home again from his business travels / F1 racing watching, a crazy race / lots of Sunday night TV with Home Fires; Great British Bake Off, Indian Summers / thinking that I have a very tidy craft area but so few projects done; I have  huge Pinterest boards devoted to scrapping & December Daily but some of the most boring pages / OK Taylor Swift  let's you & me Shake It Off  this Monday & get things moving!  Happy Week everyone!

21 comments:

  1. I have been doing some tidying and junk throwing then when I want an empty old envelope . I can't find one, they are all in the recycling.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Maggie - that has been a fear, if I throw out, donate, will I need. I started a box that has the instruction, if not used in 6 months, away with it. May I be so bold as to spend your money & say buy yourself some new lovely pretty envelopes :)

      Delete
  2. picturing you dancing along with Taylor and shaking it all off. I saw Trudeau senior in the Canadian parliament when I visited - makes me feel old to think his son is now in charge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my dancing is nothing to picture - flailing about is more descriptive. So you were in Canada! Other than Ottawa where else did you visit?

      Delete
  3. OK, so now I have that Taylor Swift song going round in my head! Congratulations on exceeding those 10,000 steps - you're doing so much better than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a catchy song. Oh those 10,000 steps are often hard won but I encourage you to keep trying, anything is better than none :)

      Delete
  4. That's an impressive number of steps. We've managed to log in a lot of steps walking Sarah's dog every morning while we've been in Chicago. I'm doing better here than at home. The next couple of days will be harder as we'll be in the car a lot heading home. I read Sophie's World years ago; felt like a long haul but found it worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put in a second request for Sophie's World, someone else was waiting so I couldn't immediately renew. I wear a pedometer so I can keep track. Bad genes can only account for so much, apparently I can overrride a lot of it with diet & exercise.

      Delete
  5. A Happy Week to you too! Your energy is definitely catching. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, that energetic feeling can be contagious. You like a lot of British TV, which is a nice to know. At the moment it seems to be all about the French (The Returned), Swedish (Beck) and US (Fargo) shows here! Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have very deep British roots (maternal is Welsh/English, paternal is English) plus I think my own soul resides there. Most British TV is much better, although we apparently did a better job of an original British show Primeval; the producers liked the Canadian version better (not renewed).

      Delete
  7. You sound like you have had a busy but productive time - and that you are full of 'va-va-voom' (or get up and go). I have a policy of 'if it hasn't been used for 6 months get rid' - I still have too much clutter though!
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise - some days I do get more done, list making is my key. I wish I didn't have to work at the va-va-voom, wish it was natural, but I'll take it either way - thanks :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your win. :) We ended up with a new PM not that long ago, but didn't even need to vote. ;) There is a new Great Aussie Bakeoff series just started that I keep meaning to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will keep a look out for the Great Aussie Bakeoff, we do get a fair amount of Australian TV. I like the GBBO because there is no cursing anyone out, no name calling, no attacks on the person, just honest talk about the baking ... New gov't I wonder how on the world stage Canadian politics are viewed. I know our new PM is described as "hot" by American Entertainment shows ...

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your win...I could do with some of that energy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison. I will send lots of positive energy your way. :)

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your win...I could do with some of that energy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win...I could do with some of that energy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can put me in the wondering camp although he has impressed me so far. Somehow though I just could not vote for him as I'm one of those who didn't care for PET. It made for a lot of thinking as to who I was going to vote for. Congrats on all that walking - I just got my replacement Fitbit (long story) on Tuesday and need to set it up so that I don't lose the info from the old one. BTW, I cannot say enough about the customer service at Fitbit. Hope you've been having a good week.

    ReplyDelete