Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thankful Thursday - October 29th


From The Internet



My Thankfuls this week include but not exclusive to:

October 23rd Thankful: for the wide open space behind our home.  I am Thankful that there are horses being boarded at this farm so I can enjoy them in the field.  To me, especially in the summer, to see from our patio, 5 horses grazing with swishing tails is a sight to behold.  I am Thankful that I was gifted the love & passion of horses along with the ability to ride & be with them. 
Remember to be gentle with yourself and others. We are all children of chance and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun. Kent Nerburn

October 24th Thankful: for a day of leisurely errand running, no real have to do anything, more of a day checking out things that had crossed our minds to look for,  a time to take the long way home so that I could capture some specific photos for ideas I had about Helena's Pairs.  Thankful for the community of like minded ladies & Thankful for a safe place to share in some online fun.
" and whether you believe in such things or not, those roaming spirits probably believe in you, or at least acknowledge your existence, considering that it used to be their own. Even the air feels different on Halloween, autumn-crisp and bright."  Erin Morgenstern


October 25th Thankful: for the accumulation of points at the pet food warehouse that resulted in a free bag of cat crunch.  While I was waiting for the girl on cash to figure out how to process my free bag, I had a long chat with a beautiful black & white kitty, on display for a local rescue's Adoption Day.  I am Thankful that there are so many kind hearted folks that will finally give this & the other 30 or so kitties, their final & forever home.  I could easily be a known Crazy Cat Lady.  Mr Man is most Thankful that we have stopped at just two. I think five would be a perfect number.
Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.James Herriot

October 26th Thankful: for the ability to walk.  I had two walks, one for purpose, to get those steps in & a second wandering walk, which I needed for some thought processing & head clearing.  There was a surprising level of quiet in the neighbourhood & on this walk I watched the squirrels busy busy with walnut gathering & the antics of territory claiming.  Thankful that in this pause I saw over 50 Robins on the ground pulling worms from yesterday's rain.  I think this is their last big feed before the flight south. “Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of the year upon the tawny leaves and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn--that season of peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness--that season which has drawn from every poet worthy of being read some attempt at description, or some lines of feeling.”
Jane Austen, Persuasion

October 27th Thankful; for a massage, the RMT that provides this care is very good & she respects my needs, one of which is I don't talk during a massage, I find it hard to relax at the best of times, so I need to be in silence while trying to get into the "zone".  Thankful for Marianne & the nap I was able to enjoy afterwards, at home.
“Doing something positive will help turn your mood around. When you smile, your body relaxes. When you experience human touch and interaction, it eases tension in your body.” from Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles 

October 28th Thankful safe travels for both Mr Man & myself in our separate journeys in some very heavy rainfall & winds.  Most Thankful that the ease troughs on the house are clean & the curbs on the road are cleared of any leaf debris to allow rain to run freely away from homes & no standing water on the roads.  Thank you to the road works crew that ensured all were cleared ahead of the rains from Patricia.  I am most Thankful that Patricia's rains are moving out & will be all gone by Thursday evening. 
“The rain to the wind said,You push and I'll pelt.'They so smote the garden bed That the flowers actually knelt, And lay lodged--though not dead. I know how the flowers felt.” Robert Frost

October 29th Thankful: for a vacuum cleaner, a dishwasher & washer/dryer at home & that they work so efficiently.  I am, in spite of some grumbling, Thankful for the home that needs to be cleaned, clothes that need to be washed & dishes that needing washing.  It means I have all & more of my basic needs being met in a gracious way.  While our home may not suit all, it suits us perfectly.  I am Thankful that we both care for our home & that we both see our home as a sanctuary, a save habour in what sometimes feels like a too large life storm.  I think housework is the reason most women go to the office. ~Heloise Cruse


NOTE: Being that there are now only two days left in October - Friday & Saturday, I am going to do my final Thankful on Sunday.
 
From the Internet





15 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all your thankful's and today's thankful really spoke to me. We don't always appreciate a warm and safe home and enough food on the table. It can be so tempting to look at what others have and feel discontented, when really we have all we need already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that everyday life gets in the way sometimes of us taking that moment to say thank you for all the mundane & little things that can enrich our lives. I admit that I can get caught up in the , wish I had ... but I know that what I have someone is out there wishing they had what I forget to say thank you for - does that make sense?

      Delete
  2. What Louise said! I came to say it and she has already done so in a delightful way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise does have a way & I am thankful for her's & yours positive encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Your quotes at the end of your thoughts are a lovely addition - and some of them I'd never read before. It's good to be reminded of how grateful we can be for simple everyday things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can't say it just right sometimes, I am very thankful that there are writers out there with my thoughts that they say perfectly :)

      Delete
  4. Your post made me smile. There is so much to be thankful for and often we forget to stop and realize all the wonderful things (and family and pets) we have to be thankful for.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been so blessed with some wonderful fur love in my life. They bring a very special kind of thankful into my life.

      Delete
  5. Beautifully expressed, as always. I struggled with my list today, feeling that many came out sounding in some way negative although my gratitude was sincere. Not the case here - a lot to agree with and I do often thank heaven that I can walk and have the ability to savour time alone/in nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think your list was at all negative & I am thankful to hear & share in your thanks. I worry about making mine sound sugary. :)

      Delete
  6. I love reading your thankful posts! Sounds lovely to have horses galloping about in the field behind your house! I'm with you on being grateful for my lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I remember your posts about the change in your kitchen & it turned out fantastic as I remember.

      Delete
  7. Once again, your thankful posts are so thoughtful, and I love the quotations at the end. One thing I never take for granted is my home. We've been here for over 30 years now, and I appreciate all its charm which makes it warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I definitely saw a theme running through my Thankfuls, my home & my health. Thirty years of loving your home, you are to be congratulated on that - I am hoping we we will be able to say that together.

      Delete
  8. So nice to be reminded of being grateful for all the things we take for granted - even the house that needs cleaning.

    ReplyDelete