Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pairs - Spouting Off

Joining in with Helena's Pairs at:  http://helenascreativemaven.blogspot.ca/


Water Fountains At Stonegate Senior's Residence









Pond & Fountain At Memory Garden
This week my Pairs are two full on fountains.  One set is in a man made pond at a newly opened senior's residence, the other is in a natural pond at a memory garden.  





My attention was drawn to both of them because all summer there was no sign of spouting water at either of these locations, only now at the season end both are turned on full spray.  A farewell to summer?  Mr Man thinks it is because they are draining the pipes.  No matter, both made quite a showing & I was entertained to watch the wind catch the spray & dance with it.



12 comments:

  1. I find fountains mesmerising and lovely to see 2 in full flow

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fountains in the first photo seem to be extremely high, or is that just to do with the angel you taken the photo? Like Helena I find fountains quite mesmerising and never tire of watching them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fountains at the senior centre are shooting quite high up and the ponds are quite low down - I was standing on the sidewalk. It could all been part of the testing for the new feature. The little lolipop trees would be about 4 feet high.

      Delete
  3. Another fountain lover here - wonder why they weren't being used during the summer? Glad you got to see them this visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something about a fountain always puts me in a good mood

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to watch fountains, I love the energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely fountains, I love the way the light reflects on water. I was lucky enough to stay in the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas and had a room with a view over the fountains. I watched every time they went off - fountains are mesmerising.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're really lovely; like you, I'm a big fan of fountains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who can resist a water fountain? not me! These two are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love water fountains. How did I miss yours when I looked at the other pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always uplifted by a fountain. Any sort. Anywhere. You've taken a super photo of that top one, catching the height - wow!

    ReplyDelete