Monday, May 22, 2017

Memo, Mail & Me: It's Monday May 22nd

Queen Victoria - source

Greetings on this fine Victoria Day holiday Monday.  Linking it with our fair hostess, Sian at:  From High In The Sky

On the Memo portion of this post, it reads; "dear creature digging holes in my garden, please stop now!" 


Hole 1, under the big boulder rock
Hole 2, in the middle of a flower bed

Finally I have something worth while to report on the Mail section.  I have received a package from Creative Memories - share it, remember it, cherish it ....
fur girls inspect the package

 What I received are the new rectangle & square shapes, which is part of their custom cutting systems, along with 3 new cutting blades, one in each size.  I like that I will now be able to easily make mattes for my photos.  This is happy mail:

 


 The Me part of this post is that on Thursday night I was sitting alone watching TV, mindless TV  I admit to, it was The Big Bang Theory, when I felt a sudden eye pain (left) & my vision go blurry very quickly!  My immediate panic thought was "OH NO, I've got what Mr Man had/has ..."  When I put my hand to my face/eye I felt the lenses fall out of my new, less than 4 weeks old,  glasses, which explained the vision blur. I pulled my glasses off & saw that there was a wire sticking out - ok that explains the pain but not the what.  Anyway turns out the wire under the lenses is what holds the bottom of the lenses to the frame.  It was fixed without much to do, but now I am afraid of those glasses & have gone back to wearing my old pair. The bruise in the corner of my eye/nose is healing quite quickly & yes very lucky that the wire didn't poke into my eye.
That's The Broken Wire StickingUp


"May the world be kind to you,& may your own thoughts be gentle upon yourself."
- Jonathan

16 comments:

  1. I think your number one job today is to take those glasses back while you still have a bruise to prove it. That looks like a very naughty hole in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holes have been added to already, 2 more. I rake in front to see if I can tell by foot print what it is - so far just a big pile of dirt & no foot prints. I'm on it though, I need to solve to prevent.

      Delete
  2. ouch, that could have been very nasty. I wonder who has been digging in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite fortunate that it was just the corner of my nose that got whacked. What ever is digging, is making a mess, I think a Mummy Bunny although she's had the babies so not sure why she needs a nest.

      Delete
  3. Ouch! That doesn't sound like much fun at all. I hope you can bring yourself to give them another try.

    Wishing you a good creative week with your new shape cutters



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Returning the glasses - must admit disappointed as they were really quite light & with only a frame on the top, it wasn't so claustrophobic wearing them. Oh well, maybe the next pair will be better.

      Delete
  4. Yikes! Maybe have them looked at the optometrist. Your kitties are so cute. My pups like to sniff any package arriving too. Hoping for Bark Box I think. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn I think my fur girls are quite adorable too. The girls loved the empty box for days ...

      Delete
  5. The glasses story could have had a much different (worse) ending! I do hope you have taken them back, you don't want that happening again. (I must admit that Big Bang Theory is one of my guilty pleasures - I don't know anyone else that watches it though!)

    Any ideas what is making all those escape hatches in your garden yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glasses Mfg giving me a credit towards new pair. My favourite B.B.T. is Amy, especially the early version of her.

      Delete
  6. OH No!!! ON a brighter note, I too, love these kitties of yours and I wish you a beautiful creative and fun week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fur girls have to check out everything that comes into the house - their favourite are paper bags.

      Delete
  7. Lucky escape with the eye. I will join the Mummy club and urge you to take the specs back - at the very least they can reassure you that it is properly fixed this time and secondly, so that they know to take special care when other customers choose those frames.
    Lecture over. I am pleased you're pleased with your parcel - even if I have no real idea what it does or how! I await updates on the burrowing visitor and hope it is something cute! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glasses are being returned to the mfg. I can only get credit towards a different frame. I hate wearing glasses so half frame was so much lighter. Oh well. I have a suspicion that it is a Mummy Bunny burrowing.

      Delete
  8. Wow, I've never heard of anything like that happening with a pair of glasses. I'd be a bit shy of them myself! I haven't heard anything of Creative Memories in a long time. I bought some products from them when I first started scrapbooking and use them still. Have fun with the new purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My introduction to scrapping was via Creative Memories & my previous salesperson still keeps in contact & let's me know about all the new CM stuff. I have left strap hinge scrapping behind but still use the cutting systems. Did I need the new patterns, no but I really wanted them. :)

      Delete