Thursday, November 02, 2017

Take Three Thursday - Determination

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in. What have you noticed this week? 

Have a peek at what others have found this week:

Maggie at: FarmersWifeDayByDay 



I am always impressed & amazed at the strength & determination of Mother Nature & her children, the trees.  I noticed on some of my recent walks that some trees have more to overcome than others.  


Tree One:  the tree's determination to just grow where it was planted, overcoming another one of Mother Nature's children, rocks.  This is one very determined tree.


Tree Two:  in spite of a man made obstacle, the wire fence, this tree just decided to embrace it's obstacle & grow around, through & over it.  Well done tree.

  
Tree Three:  this is a lucky tree because there was a man made obstacle to creating the fence, these people decided to work with the tree's natural branching growth & built around rather than taking the easier option of just cutting it down or cutting off the difficult branch.

Some how I think there are several lessons in these trees.  Well played Mother Nature, well played.

14 comments:

  1. I like that last one. I saw a tree once at Lynton that had a bedstead grown into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really connected with me Mary-Lou. I love trees and I have been doing a collaborative project through October with online friends. I love how trees show such resiliance and fortitude, and how the people building the fence respected the tree and allowed it the space it needed. Lots of metaphores there! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandie thank you. I love trees & being with them is soul refreshing. Wish I was still agile enough to climb up & sit just like I did as a kid.

      Delete
  3. Love this post! I especially like the way the fence owners have worked around that branch rather than take drastic action by lopping it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I was impressed with the owners for keeping the branches.

      Delete
  4. Such an interesting post. I love that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. The first photo is from the conservation park near us. There are several examples of the trees growing through & splitting the rocks.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading your take on the challenges that these trees have/had.
    Great post and great photots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. I often turn to nature for inspiration & comfort.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete