Thursday, November 16, 2017

Take Three Thursday - Tree Bathing


In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in. What have you noticed this week? 

Have a peek at what others have found this week:
Maggie at: FarmersWifeDayByDay  

Linda at lindasphotoblog.blogspot.ca 
Karen at Random Reflections 
Artful Journey at nanskidrewski.blogspot.ca

 This week my Three use a throw back of photos with current noticing.  

I have recently been reading, watching, attending & listening to a lot of information about our world, our environment.  It stresses me to think how careless we as humans are with the only place of residence for us.  Every where we look there are effects from global warming, the delayed results from over consumerism, the attitude that it's there for our taking.  One suggestion was that we need to re-connect with nature so that we can appreciate it so that we save it from us.  Nature also heals us & provides for us to live a sustainable life.

One of the things I have "discovered" or probably more likely late to another party, is something called Forest Bathing.  It was developed in Japan in the 1980s as a method of preventive health care.  The Japanese call this Shinrin-yoku, Forest Therapy.  Maybe this is the natural out of doors version of Hygge.    You can read more about the wonders & science of Forest Bathing here:  Forest Bathing

After accumulating stress, I always find myself naturally drawn to walk in some of my favourite woods.  My three this week are three of those places.  All three do have a water element within which makes it easier for me to entice Mr Man to walk with me.  We both always feel better for these walks, even if someone takes more encouragement to get out there ... I'll say no more.

SO this week I share some of my favourite nature bathing sites.

10 comments:

  1. I can just imagine the smell, and the sound of walking on those leaves. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn it is one of the best things about photos, it help relive those special moments, this particular forest is part of the Halton Forestry Management group & the trails are fairly well maintained. In late November through to January we avoid because there are so many hunters in the forest & I just don't trust them not to think I'm a deer even though I'm in my reflective orange safety vest! ... Mary-Lou =^..^=

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies if I'm repeating myself cos I left a similar comment about this recently on someone's blog... Yes, forest bathing is very much a "thing". Recently some Western scientists went on a shinrin yoku course in Japan to measure the results and found that just being amongst trees does wonders for blood pressure, pulse etc. The other things included on the course (lying in the woods, basic exercises, hearing to the noises) were also found to have quantifiable benefits to our health and well-being. I always think of that when rambling, on entry to a forested area. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really probably the same report about the health improvements we gain from just being in the woods. I always enjoy your wanders through your woods.

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous photographs. I've never heard of forest bathing before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. It was only very recently that I read about forest bathing ... I kind of like the term.

      Delete
  5. I love your blog, beautiful words and pictures. Pathways are one of my favorite scenes. To me there is something about the promise of the future. The texture of all of the trees is great. You really capture the environment. I have heard of Forest bathing, and believe heart and soul it's vital to breathe in nature. I have put up 3 on 3 (a little late), but you might enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your comments & for joining in. I have added your link to "see what others have noticed".

      Delete
  6. Such lovely places for a walk. It often takes more encouragement for someone here, too, but we both enjoy it when we get out! :)

    ReplyDelete