Monday, June 18, 2018

Me On Monday - June 18th

Good Morning & my FaceBook feed tells me that today, we should be wishing Sir Paul McCartney a very Happy Birthday


Oh what a week last week was, I was so glad to roll into the weekend & be done with the work week.  This Monday I am finishing the paperwork for several clinic related issues.  On June 7th both the reception ladies were knowingly out of balance at the end of their shifts & yet in the logbook they both wrote "In Balance" & signed their names.  $160 out of balance.  Both of their individual errors could have been avoided (1) if they had called me to say, hey I've got this situation, how do I handle? (2) told me by either email or a note in the logbook that they had an issue could I please fix.  But no, both chose to just ignore & not say a word. It was just by chance I noticed the error.  The boss is SO angry.  Now I have to do spot checks for several other days to make him feel confident with these two.

Last week I also dealt with the Ministry of Labour for Ontario - a very strong governing body.  There were 5 two part things that we (the clinic)  have to complete by June 22nd.  I've done my pieces which included taking two online (CBTs) for Violence & Sexual Harassment in the Workplace & the general Health & Safety course.  Each took me about 20 minutes, I've printed off certificates to prove to the inspector I completed & passed. I have written a clinic policy regarding our zero tolerance for either violence or sexual harassment.    While the inspector was there I took a phone call from a patient who decided that yelling at me was the best way to communicate his request.  I received kudos from the inspector of how I handled but he said that we should not tolerate such "aggressive" behaviour & it falls under the guidelines of Violence in the Workplace.  The inspector sent me a link for a doctor's office notice that basically reads "aggressive behaviour towards staff could result in you loosing patient privileges"  WOW.  I like it.


My latest read was "How To Walk Away"  it was an easy read; it was very predictable in the plot, easy to know how it was going to turn out by page 25, both the main plot & a sub plot.   I need a read that will grip me like The Thirteenth Tale did. 

 
In the mail bag I received a really nice piece of happy mail from Lady Ella at Flowers of Progress  So very thoughtful & it cheered me immensely.  The post card is a sketch of a bridge in Japan.  Which coincidentally, one of my sisters is there now, in Japan on business.

Several weeks ago in the mail I received happy mail from Karen at Random Reflections,  she sent me a diecut of the word JOY, which was one that I had admired on one of her Christmas cards.  Joy was also the word that found me over the Christmas season.  I am thrilled to be able to quickly & easily cut the word JOY and use in my garden album; it is a perfect word describing the flowers that visit.
 I feel very blessed to have such kind friends in the blog sphere - I think politicians could learn something from we ladies of the blogging world.
 
In my own shopping cart this week, I found these these two stamp sets in the "really reduced" bin; Crazy Cat Lady stamp set & Summer Plenty stamp & die set.  $5.00 (Canadian) can buy you some joy.





Mid week, the farmer behind us sprayed something quite chemical on the fields (again).  It smelt awful for a couple of hours.  The driver of this large piece of farm equipment was a young lady & it is the first time the farmer has hired a female summer assistance.  Progress!


Our weather forecasters told us on Thursday that Sunday would be very hot & humid, low 40(c)+ so Mr Man got prepared for a relaxing  Father Day's Sunday by purchasing a few astronomy magazines for himself & he also picked up a magazine for me - he saw that it came with free stamps of tea related things.  So he does listen to me when I rattled on about my crafting!  Score with the choice of magazine & score that it came with free stuff.


 
So now as I return to spot checking end of day balancing, I think a couple of these thoughts  ...  "Either you run the day, or the day runs you"  OR  ... "the future depends on what you do today".   Happy Monday, Happy Week.

15 comments:

  1. I received some happy mail this week too! ;-)
    Sorry to hear your receptionists were less than honest in their work - why do people not realise that honesty really is the best policy? If you've made a mistake, people appreciate you bringing it to their attention so that it can be sorted sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad the card arrived in a timely fashion. :)

      I feel so annoyed about the mistakes because I make my self available for help, I check in with them when I'm not there. The boss says I'm TOO nice to them.

      Delete
  2. Just stopping in to say hi, and sorry you had to spend your time fixing someone else's mistakes. It sure feels like summer now, doesn't it? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn. It is hot & humid, just a taste of what to expect in July & August, which makes me SO thankful for air conditioning at home. I am getting my patio sits in very early in the morning before the sun comes around. =^..^=

      Delete
  3. It's easier for everyone concerned if people own up to their mistakes/ask for help …
    Today would have been my dad's birthday, exact same age as Sir Paul … except that Sir Paul has had 23 years more of life than my dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought "we" (me) had created a working environment where staff were ok with owning up to mistakes or asking for help, but I guess not. :( Sending you an extra cyber hug today as you remember your Dad's birthday.

      Delete
  4. We still love Paul even now that he's over 64 ;) I remember when that song came out. I'm glad he's still going strong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've heard that song played at several birthday parties for milestone birthdays. It's cute. I read that Sir Paul is now 76 years old!

      Delete
  5. I'm happy that the inspector was there to witness the rude patient, and to offer some reassurance that it's unnecessary to put up with offensive behavior. Your stamp purchases were a real "steal;" looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to stop looking in the "really on sale" bins at Michaels, I have no storage (col). Most of our patients are SO nice, we just have one male & one female patients that I personally would like to see moved on, both are SO rude & demanding. The one, she is forever just not showing up for appointments & when charged for a no show carries on "I cancelled that appointment". Some days ...

      Delete
  6. Some nice mail you have received. My daughter gets very fed up with comments about lady tractor drivers and such stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several female dairy farmers around us & one lady chicken farmer & trust me they are just if not more capable than any male farmer. I think farming is one that makes everyone equal - it's hard work & you have got to love it, to do it.

      Delete
  7. Where did my comment go?! Anyway, pleased to hear that the card did as intended, and that you are on the mend at last. Keep getting better (with or without explanation...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again Lady Ella. Not sure where your original comment went/is. Technology?!!?

      Spending time in my garden certainly helps, although it is too easy to stay & never leave the patio, missing adventures ...

      Delete
  8. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog,
    I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density,
    which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    winwin

    ReplyDelete