Thursday, June 21, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Hats Off To Summer

Happy Summer - She arrives this morning in our part of the world at 6:07am & yes I am in the garden greeting her with my tea.

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.    What have you noticed this week?  

Have a peek what others have noticed this week:
Maggie at Farmers Wife Day by Day
Karen at Random Reflections 

This week I was amused by the blooming of my back garden poppies.  I have 3 clumps in these gardens; 1 true red & 2 that are watermelon pink.  They bloom later than the white, front garden poppies.  As I took my morning stroll with tea in hand, I noticed that they were tipping their "hats" to Summer's arrivalWe are all in agreement - welcome.


There's a bonus photo today - don't you think this is a perfect example of equal portions for SPSH?


"Through the dancing poppies stole a breeze, most softly lulling to my soul"  John Keats

"The poppy opens her scarlet purse of dreams."  Scharmel Iris


16 comments:

  1. Lovely welcome to summer! And, yes, that’s a great shot for equal portions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, the garden, summer's arrival - now that's a perfect threesome of equal portions - although I think my excitement was just a bit more than the garden's, which I think was focusing on needing some rain.

      Delete
  2. Your poppies are glorious … they also qualify for #1 the rosiness of red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I didn't think of my red one for #1 - thanks for picking that up. Yes, I think I like this one better than my red strawberries.

      Delete
  3. Stunning photos! Welcome, summer, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am looking forward to Focusing on enjoying the summer, not worrying about getting everything done. Lots of pauses to enJOY.

      Delete
  4. They are beautiful and what a clever find for 'equal portions'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I want some really pale pink poppies. The equal portions didn't come into view until I loaded into the computer.

      Delete
  5. Yes, that's perfect for 'equal portions'. Well done on a very clever find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous poppies. How long do the blooms last? Your camera skills are quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The fully open poppies last for about 5 days as long as it isn't windy; if it's cooler maybe a week.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I'll join you in welcoming Summer :) What beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day, neither too humid nor too windy. I was fortunate to be able to be home for most of the day & make the most of a perfect summer day on the patio. I hope you got to sit on your gorgeous patio.

      Delete
    2. Yes, we never did get that predicted storm, and it was cooler than it had been. A beautiful day here, too :)

      Delete
  8. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog,
    I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density,
    which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    winwin

    ReplyDelete