Monday, August 20, 2018

Me On Monday - A Birthday In Paris

Good Morning -  I will be around to catch up with you all later today.

Yes we had a whirl wind week of vacation & at the start of it Mr Man & I decided to totally disconnect from any & all social media to pay 100% attention to each other & what we were doing.  It was marvelous.

Today's post has me starting at the end of our whirlwind week.

We celebrated my birthday, Friday,  in Paris.  We had, le thé de l'après-midi, afternoon tea,  at a marvelous little historic bed & breakfast hotel along the river just as you leave Paris.  Everything about it was scrumptious & to top it off, as though The Universe knew, the owners had two very entertaining Siamese cats.  

We were seated on the verandah & able to see the river.  By the time our tea lunch was over, it was getting too humid to sit outside, so we were back inside poking about the history of the hotel.
When we first arrived in Paris, we wanted to take in some of the history so we started by visiting some of the oldest churches, a beautiful public park & we wandered about the shops, I bought nothing but still fun to window shop.  The streets were fairly busy but I liked the fact that there were benches everywhere, beautiful floral baskets on every light pole, huge containers of flowers & not one public urinal to be seen.  



Ah yes Paris was everything I had hoped for.  The drive there wasn't as long as I thought it would be, so for all my Ontario readers, a day trip out to Paris is worth the drive.  Oh did I not mention this was Paris, Ontario!


I'll be back Thursday with the other marvelous places we visited during our vacation.  

Don't forget Friday the 31st is the 3rd link up for the SPSH.   

À toute à l'heure!





19 comments:

  1. I kept thinking 'that doesn't look like Paris'! Always confuses me when two totally different places have the same name! Hope you had a very happy birthday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Paris isn't named after the French version. Ours got it's name from the building material of gypsum a main ingredient in Plaster of Paris ... which is used in many of the old homes there. Not a single Eiffel Tower to be seen ... :)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, you didn't fool me! (My father grew up in a little village called Bright, in the same general area as Paris). Happy birthday! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like discovering Ontario. I think next summer I want to do the Buttertart tour - oh Anna Mae's tarts are the best.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great start to a vacation and a fine birthday celebration. I'm looking forward to hearing (and seeing) more from your week away. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly a busy vacation for us - we don't normally do something every day, but the summer is quickly running out, so out came the Summer Manifesto list!

      Delete
  4. I was a little puzzled too, as I scrolled down through the photos! Delighted you had a super birthday and many happy returns of the day (and all the days after).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa I did have a nice birthday. I may get a visit to London (Ontario) in before the summer is done, there's a darling little tea shoppe along the Thames,just my style waiting to be discovered by me.

      Delete
  5. I was taken in but baffled by the photos! Happy Birthday! What a great looking cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a little fun with my post today ... several of the photos have the word Paris in them. I did not make the cake & it was quite tasty, 1 layer chocolate, 1 layer white.

      Delete
  6. LOL - What a great post! Happy Belated Birthday!

    I had no idea there was a Paris in Ontario! There's one in Texas, too … it even has a mini Eiffel Tower … with a cowboy hat on top.

    I'm headed to Paris again next month - the one in France. :)

    P.S. I have a Take Three Thursday for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your Three ... I've seen that Texas version of the Eiffel Tower (lol). WOW 2 visits to the original Paris France!

      Delete
  7. There's a Paris, TN, too, and what looks I've had when I've told people I'd just come home from Paris lol Your version of Paris is delightful, and I know I'd enjoy that bed and breakfast overlooking a river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are lots of towns named Paris although I don't think there are too many in Canada. Ontario's Paris is named for the materials found in abundance that make plaster of Paris, nothing to do with the France Paris, so not a single Eiffel Tower to be found (lol).

      Delete
  8. Glad you had such a great day. I was thinking of you and hoping all the plans came off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in aid of finding places to enjoy an Afternoon Tea & to get off the patio occasionally. There were two shops I would like to go back to have a wander about in. There was a really nice true red blouse ...

      Delete
  9. Well done, Mary-Lou. You had me fooled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just having some fun - thanks Chris. I was surprised to learn that our Paris is named after the gypsum found in abundance there which makes Plaster of Paris

      Delete
  10. I thought you might have been in Paris, Texas! Happy belated birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete