Monday, June 08, 2020

Me On A Monday - June 8th

Good Morning.  What a beautiful weather wise weekend - although I am aware that some of you experienced some rain - sorry!
Adult, Barry  From Under The Barrel
We celebrated our wedding anniversary yesterday & while it was not what we originally had planned, it was a fabulous day.  Our origin plans included that my best friend & maid of honour, was going to be in town, but alas COVID-19 made changes to our plans, her flight was cancelled, travel restrictions in place.  What's that you say, best laid plans of mice & men ...

Mr Man arranged for a floral arrangement to be delivery, & it was perfect because not only did it celebrate our anniversary but has provided an opportunity for one of the SPSH items - colours of your country's flag.  We looked at our wedding album, Mr Man pulled out all the cards he has given me on previous anniversaries & downloaded some verse from the internet & printed it on pink paper from my scrapping stash.  We had a lovely dinner grilled on the barbeque & some wine.  Perfect day - take that COVID-19!

My best friend called us & she & I had a brief chat of only 1 1/2 hours - we normally talk for 3 hours.  We only call every couple of months.  

 Over the weekend I finally got all my annual flower pots planted & in spite of my order being picked by the lady at the greenhouse, I am very pleased with everything I got.  Lots of pink.

I have two books on the go, one an actual book, the 2nd book in the Wolf Hall trilogy & an ebook, also recommended by Ruth at This West London Life, The Friend Zone.

While I am not watching as much TV as I did in March, I have discovered a few new to me series; one is called Home, series one.  The story is of a Syria refugee who smuggled himself into England in the back of someone's car - he's in Dorking, a market village of Surrey England.  I like all the characters & the lead female role I know from Raised by Wolves, another British series.  I am trying very hard to like Mum (not to be confused with the American Mom comedy show), &  I am trying hard not to want to smack her throughout the half hour .
Starling Fledgling
No big plans for the week, probably a grocery curbside pick up later in the week & maybe a drop off to the library.  I have a Tuesday  invitation to meet a friend outside in a park so we can be 6 feet (2 metres) apart. I do have an oven that is calling out to be cleaned, but since it's such a whine, I'm ignoring & will probably use the grill a lot more this week.

Happy Week everyone.

People very often say to me, 'How did you do it, how did you raise a baby and write a book?' And the answer is - I didn't do housework for four years. I am not Superwoman. And um, living in squalor, that was the answer.”
― J.K. Rowling


16 comments:

  1. That oven is so needy - definitely ignore it for a little longer ;-)
    Belated happy anniversary greetings - sounds like you had a nice celebration even if it wasn't how you originally planned it.
    Yes, we were one of those who had rain and the temperature dropped so low I ended up turning the heating back on for a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oven, I've decided won't get cleaned until at least Friday, I have one potentially messy dinner to bake before then. I was tempted last week to turn the heat on, Mr Man said just put another sweater (jumper) on.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated wedding anniversary. These days we're having to be flexible with our plans. That chipmunk lol! They can pack in so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Anniversary wishes. I knew back in March that my friend's flight was going to be cancelled so I had some time to "get over it". I always laugh at my chipmunks with their full cheeks, they rattle as they run back to the nest.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you had a lovely anniversary and were spoiled 😀
    We had heavy rain on Saturday and a couple of showers yesterday but I don't need pity ... was very happy to see it after so many dry weeks. More forecast for the next few days and I really hope it actually comes because till recently we were stuck in a pattern of the forecast changing at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They keep promising rain & we do need it, but nothing comes of it (Wed is hopeful for rain). I have a few perennials that need moving but I don't want to do until they are well watered before the move.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I've found that celebrations can be quite lovely even though we're staying at home; sounds like that was true for your anniversary. Our library has started curbside pick-up. You call and ask for a book, if available they'll bring it to your car. Sadly, the books on my hold list are at other libraries, and interlibrary sharing is still banned. Not that I'm in need of books to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. We often find Plan B or C turn out better than any Plan A would have. Yeah that your Library is doing curbside; we are also still not doing inter-library exchanges yet but thankfully my library branch is fairly well stocked.

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary to you and Mr Man. :) I'm rather ashamed to admit that I can't remember the last time I cleaned our oven ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. The oven isn't getting any attention today - the forecast has heat warnings & the possibility of +38, then add in the humidity! Only me gets the attention today!(col).

      Delete
  6. Many congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Mr. Man definitely sounds like a keeper ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa. We started out as friends at school, I think that is the key.

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary! Wish you and your husband all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary. I sounds like you and Mr Man had a lovely day even if it wasn't what was originally planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As often with plans for us, Plan F turns out to be so much better than we could have planned for - this celebration was just that - pretty close to perfect.

      Delete