Monday, August 02, 2021

Me On A Monday - August 2nd

 


It's a holiday Monday here in Ontario & for the most part it is referred to as CIVIC HOLIDAY, although you may find many communities call it by other names. Civic Day is not celebrated in all provinces and/or territories.

Regionally COVID cases & hospitalizations are declining, yeah. The fully vaccinated are rising in numbers, yeah.  The new word I am seeing & hearing is "vaxxed"  referring to be people being double and/or fully vaccinated.

I've been working on creating cards to send to members of our church, to advise that our Bishop has authorized a return to in person church services.  For our church that will be in September.

We watched the farmer harvest the winter winter on Saturday; it's a dusty business but it makes me reflect on how fortunate I am to have such a view in my back yard & of course give thanks to farmers.

We spent some time finally tackling the cupboard of mugs in our kitchen. We got rid of (donated) 26 mugs! There is now an entire shelf empty. I am well on to my way to meeting the August De-cluttering 31 items challenge. For more info, click here for Bless's August Challenge:  An Item A Day Keeps The Clutter Away

A reminder that next Monday, August 9th is our next SPSH check in.  How are you doing with your search & finds?


And I'll leave you with this thought; A lot of horses is called a herd, a group of cats is called a clowder,  a gathering of crows is called a murder, a lot of geese is called a flock  ... & a whole lot of people is called a no thanks!






16 comments:

  1. I bet your church members are going to enjoy receiving those lovely cards.
    Twenty six mugs is a LOT! I wonder what you will fill that lovely empty shelf with? (New mugs? ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have two full shelves of mugs, so no need to add. Most of the donated mugs were themed mugs from workshops or previous jobs, so letting go was, in the end, really easy :)
      As for the cards, I tend to be better with paper than stamping, so I enjoy the 'task'.

      Delete
  2. I saw an interesting mug/teacup shelving unit online somewhere or other. It was a narrow floor to ceiling unit with one cup in each shelf. It looked cooler than it sounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound very arty to place one mug per shelf. I must go see if I can find. I tend to think of mugs as functional, but some of those in my cupboard could meet art.

      Delete
  3. Happy Simcoe Day, MaryLou. I just have two shelves of mugs and have arrived at what I think of as the minimum number required through the method of attrition. I seem prone to dropping, knocking over or misplacing (by taking them out with me and leaving them somewhere) my favourite mugs on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. It was a lovely quiet day. I was thankful that most if not at least 85% of the mugs were gifts or part of a business rally, so not too much invested that I felt bad donating.

      Delete
  4. I've made some progress on the SPSH, but I need to be sure I get it all organized. Love your cards--no surprise to see all that pink! COVID rates are going up here again. We'd already reverted back to pre-vaccination times since none of our grandchildren can be vaccinated. Research showing even vaccinated people can transmit the virus is too compelling, but it is frustrating. Looks like it will be November before there'll be a vaccination for under 12's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think COVID is done with us yet & I think & hope that mask wearing is still the norm come Autumn & Winter. The vaccines are only at best 90% effective & thankfully for those that do have a breakthrough illness, it isn't too bad but still no one wants to be sick. Yes we have under 12's to consider.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure that mugs have the ability to breed when no one is looking!
    Those are lovely cards and will have been happily received. :)
    I have my SPSH post mostly ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mugs & plastic containers. I was sent a flyer from Costco & they have a set of 6 stoneware mugs ... I wasn't even tempted this time (col). Thanks about my cards; Hallmark need never worry about me.

      Delete
  6. I was going to say good luck with my August decluttering but it seems you have it in hand. 26 mugs disposed of and you still have two shelves full left ... that is definitely a mug collection! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We find de-cluttering together a challenge because we both bring different emotions to the items ... I find sorting to be a task done alone, if I'm to make any head way. :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful cards! I'm sure they will be received with pleasure. Wow, you did really well with the mug declutter! You'll meet the August 31 items without any trouble! :) I laughed at the collective noun for a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given the continuation of pandemic rules & the Delta variant, I find it so easy to apply my noun of people gatherings! I have tackled my closet but that was in July, so doesn't count for the August Challenge ... I've given up totally in trying to declutter my crafting stash, so I'm looking into other cupboards for a clean out, which will also fulfil one of the SPSH items.

      Delete
  8. Well done on de-cluttering. I'm sure I've got a cupboard or two that could do with a spring clean. We did the loft during lock down and now we have so much space :0)
    You are so lucky to have that view from your garden. We should all be thankful for farmers as where would we be without them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. It felt good for a few hours to have that mug cupboard cleared, just need to get other with other cupboards in the kitchen which seems to have a bit of food hoarding going on. I blame the pandemic for that & those panic buys (col). Our view is certainly a million dollar view.

      Delete