Monday, August 09, 2021

SPSH - 2nd Link In

 Greetings & Good Morning.  Today is our second link in for the 2021 Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt (SPSH) - the  easing, but not gone  pandemic restrictions edition.  June 1st - September 30, 2021

Listed below are the folks wanting to link in & in no particular order. After that are some of my finds.  Next Link In Date is the final one Friday, October 1st

Eileen atA Bracelet of Days

Ruth at: This West London Life

Deb at: Debs14 Blogspot

Bless at: My Two Cents

Joy at: Forty Three, The Final Front Door

Nil at: The Little House by the Lake

Karen at: Random Reflections

Amanda at: Amandas-Scrapbook-Pages

Anne at: New Happenings at the Table

Leslie at: Once Upon a Time Happily Everafter

Liz at: Life at the Gables.

Kirstin at: Loving Life

Louise at: Louise's Book Buzz


And now to some of my latest finds:

#2 Favourite Time of The Day:  morning, I have always been a morning person & in the Summer & early Autumn you can find me sitting on the patio to enjoy the morning quiet & the way the sun appears across the field.

#3 Something To Represent Home But Not The Building: my cats represent home to me as they are a huge part of the comfort I find at home. (yes they are on the table ... but at least we were done lunch 😊)

#4 Head In The Clouds: this cloud was part of several big thunderhead clouds seen from our front door during moments before a big storm. We experienced a lot of rain, thunder & wind from this storm but the city north east of us (about a 2 hour drive) experienced major damage from the tornado born out of these storm clouds. 

#5 The Art Of The Fold: three of my specialty folded cards. The more I get into card making, I know my strength is not in ink stamping but in paper on paper so I am trying to build my paper skill with artful folds.

#8 Window Views: this is the church I attend & for the last 17 months I have only been able to view from the outside & I have missed looking out the stain glass windows from the inside. There are 5 types of windows in this photo & each one frames the same view in a different way.

#9 Something Older Than You:  this is a tea cup & saucer from the set of fine bone china that Mr Man inherited from his Mom. I did not know her as she had passed away before Mr Man & I started dating.  This china set was apparently something she was very proud of buying before her marriage to Mr Man's Dad, part of her hope chest.


#18 Upside Down, Right Side Up
: our crazy black squirrels.



#20 Decades of Sharing:  I believe this set of corn on the cob "plates" is from the 80's possibly the 70's.  I inherited this set from my Foster Mom a couple years ago when she was downsizing to move into a senior's apartment.  They, at the time, amused me, so yes I lay claim to them. Maybe after this season of fresh corn on the cob they might be part of the August de-cluttering challenge!

Alternate B: A Local Landmark:  this  home was once a private boy's school known as The Academy, built in 1853 by William Wetherald, a Quaker. The school closed in 1883.  The movie, Agnes of God, used this home as the convent. The current owners use not only as their home but as their art gallery & pre-COVID, each August they hosted an open house to the gallery.  Maybe next year.


And that is a wrap for me for now.  Our next check in/link in will be the day after the closing of the 2021 SPSH, Friday October 1st.




 

 

20 comments:

  1. What great finds - those cheeky squirrels are perfect for the upside down right way up prompt! What a pretty church, you must be longing to get back to see the view from the windows from the inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our church is a classic Anglican style & I was pleased when we added on they kept the style intact.

      Delete
  2. What a great set of finds! I hope you're able to be back inside your church soon. Your black squirrel is perfect for the upside down, right side up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not happy with the squirrels right now - rather destructive behaviour of late. Back to church is suppose to happen September 12th - we'll see.

      Delete
  3. A lovely selection of photos, Mary-Lou. I especially liked your art of the fold cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, I have been watching a few uTube vids for some of the special folds, I few we did before the pandemic in card class.

      Delete
  4. I love your photos for clouds! Also your lovely patio and darling cats! Great finds. Mine went up this morning; I have more to find--good thing we have some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately we have been getting the build up of big fluffy clouds, they almost look like you could just flop into one.

      Delete
  5. Love your morning photo - definitely my favorite time of the day as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something extra special about the quiet of the morning.

      Delete
  6. A cute photo of your cats. I like the squirrel photo and the early morning on the patio is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came looking for the update date and found this post. Will get my update together this weekend.

    What terrific photos you added to your finds for the month. We don't have squirrels here in El Paso and I am not sure we have black squirrels at all. Never have seen them anyway. That was a fun capture. What a lovely patio space to welcome the day on. Morning is my favorite time of day, too. Although, I probably prefer sunsets to sunrises. That corn set is so fun. We have the corn handles but not those cute little dishes to set the cobs on. I think you should hang on to them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black squirrels along with red squirrels are native to Canada, but we also have the American grey in abundance! I have previously purchased new corn cob holders, but for the life of me I cannot remember what amused me about the dishes.

      Delete
  8. What cute kitties they are and I am so envious of your crafting abilities - card making always eluded my skill set. I'm a little late with my link up - I went away on the 8th and completely forgot to schedule the post!
    I can't wait to see your final photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, I so want to be a card stamper but when I attempt at home, which I have had to do for the last 17 months, my attempts fail. I am so looking forward to attending card classes again, but probably not until 2022!

      Delete
  9. Great photos for the prompts. I especially like the corn on the cob set. I remember Mom having something similar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure I am sold on keeping the corn cob dishes, but I have to admit they do make rolling again & again in the melted butter so much easier. Maybe a second thought on de-cluttering them (lol).

      Delete
  10. What a lovely collection of cards! I was intrigued by all your different folds, and I love the stitching effect round the edges of some of them. Hard to believe that such innocent looking clouds could hold such force ... That's a lovely spot in the morning - so relaxing to look out at the fields. Though I'm guessing there might be gnashing of teeth if your squirrels are anywhere near as destructive as ours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are beautiful! I have a few of these prompts that I'm struggling with and am glad for some inspiration. I only have 4 prompts left so I know I can do it but I just have to get myself out there for the final push.

    ReplyDelete