Monday, October 03, 2022

Me On A Monday - October 3rd

 

Taken In The Conservation Park

Good Morning!  I hope every one is doing well. The colours of Autumn are showing up quickly.  Many of the trees have completely turned & some are beginning to loose their leaves - shedding.  I think by the time we get to Thanksgiving (October 10th) many trees will be bare!

Currently Watching: the weekly installation of House of the Dragon. We record on Sunday night & we watch on Monday. I'm not as invested as I had hoped I would be, Mr Man is ready to give up on it.  Very glad that the new season of The Repair Shop has started this side of the pond. Each repair brings with it a nice story & there are some tears shed in the telling & repair of the special item.

Currently Reading: Just waiting for a few books at the library to be my turn; Horse, recommended by Karen. I gave in & requested Revenge by Tom Bower.

Currently Sorting: as I move all my clothes back into the closet that is attached to the ensuite bathroom that we just finished renovating, I am doing another sort & clear out.  There are a number of items being shed because keeping them, keeps me in shame about not being thinner.  

Currently Working On: I have been slowly plugging along with the making of Christmas cards.  As the weather has a definite cooler vibe, I'm prepared, but not rushing, to thinking of Christmas cards. I have been back & forth on choosing just one or two designs, a simpler style with 2-3 variations. But there's no rush, there's still lots of time.

Currently Enjoying: catching up in person with friends. I met each friend in a park; one park was a new to me adventure & another meet up was in a favourite park.  With both friends, we put all caution aside & greeted each other with a hug.  I also had a phone catch up call with one of my best friends, who lives too far away for a park meet up. It's amazing how meeting friends & especially those that you meet up with in person, can chase away the blues & put a spark back into your day.  So far, I'm still tasting & smelling well, & no cough. 

Autumn, the year's last loveliest smile. ... W.C. Bryan


18 comments:

  1. The Repair Shop is lovely TV, isn't it and I'm in awe of all the talented craftsmen/people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing what some of those craftspeople can do with the broken things brought in. I just love the stories behind a lot of the pieces & why they mean so much to the owners. I am also amazed that people still care about family heirlooms.

      Delete
  2. You can't put a price on actually meeting up with friends in person can you? Oh the things we used to take for granted - now we see their true value.
    The colours of the trees are beautiful, Autumn is such a pretty season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Autumn a lot. These two friends are more than ready to move our visits to indoor settings, so I am thankful they indulge me with a visit out of doors. I still mask indoors, which makes sitting & chatting less comfortable for me plus I'm not ready for restaurant settings as yet.

      Delete
  3. Your photo is beautiful. The colors here are just beginning to turn. Like you, one of the great pleasures of being more open is meeting with friends in person. I missed that more than anything, since we continued to see family after the first few months of the pandemic. Just got my third booster, although almost everyone I know who got Covid (including myself) got it after two shots and two boosters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Ontario third boosters have just become available to all over 18 yrs. I'm going to wait for my 3rd COVID booster until after my flu jab later in the month. I am hoping that the majority of trees hold their colour for the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend.

      Delete
  4. I may go out for a short autumn run today but not far. The back still isn’t quite there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh John I am sorry to hear that your back is still plaguing you. Hopefully a slow jaunt out will help, if not with the back at least with your spirits.

      Delete
  5. I like the Repair Shop and to see all the amazing work they do. I'm glad you're starting to meet some of your friends in person. I found it really does make a difference to my emotional well being and I hope that it proves to be the same for you.

    I love the photo ... I could do with that for my monthly photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over the next few weeks I am sure there will be lots of colour opportunities for me. Meeting with my friends is certainly a boost to my spirits & I like the fresh air aspect.

      Delete
  6. Not surprisingly you're way ahead of us on Autumn color. Your trees are pretty! I like the idea of meet-ups at parks. It offers many benefits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of my friends would prefer to meet in a restaurant but I'm not ready for the enclosed spaces as yet & certainly not now as COVID & Flu cases are on the rise.

      Delete
  7. Lovely photo! We don't get much autumn color down here. Meeting friends in a park is a good idea, I think. Sounds like you are quite busy and enjoying your days. I hope the week ahead is a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As "we" move indoors COVID cases are rising again & of course there's that new variant giving rise to further concern. Outdoor meet ups will be my go to for a while yet.

      Delete
  8. We really enjoy The Repair Shop!
    Good work with the renos. I answered your question the other day, but I cannot remember what it was now. sigh. Old age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to the episoide when the then Prince Charles was a guest with a repair need. I cannot remember which day I posed a question (lol).

      Delete
  9. You are sounding very productive. I so need to get started on Christmas cards this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to encourage myself to a slow create so I don't feel the rush/panic of creating cards.

      Delete