Friday, September 30, 2022

SPSH - The Final Link In, The Wrap Up, The End

 Thank you to all that stuck with the list for the 2022 Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt.  Link in with:

Karen's 365photos

Ruth - This West London Life

Deb's World

Bless - My Two Cents

Susanne Snaps & Snippets

Karen's Random Reflections

Eileen's Bracelet of Days


I must admit it was a real challenge for me this year.  We did not get out & about as much as I had hoped we would have, so most of my finds had to be very close to home, which in turn, kind of dulled my enthusiasm for the search.

So without further excuse, my final entries:

#4 Faceless Selfie: Me & Smoke just chilling at home. What's more me than cats & horses ...

#5 Something That Looks Like a Letter or Number: the letter j which is really a lucky happenstance - the bird feeder shepherd's hook lying on the ground as we change location of the feeder.

 #7 A Leaf Vein:

#10 OMG The Shoes:  These are all mine at the patio door! Yikes time for a tidy up - summer shoes go away & the boots come out.

 #15 Wind Power: To get any sound out of the chimes, the wind must be blowing & in this location, the wind must really be blowing. Next year we'll find a spot where the tail of the chimes doesn't get caught in a plant, which silences the chimes.


#16 Oh So Colourful: The peonies at Terry Fox Park - a beautiful find of a park when visiting another eye clinic for Mr Man.

 #18 In The Distance: the woods at the back of my friend's pool - this is still her property, it ends up at the river, just out of sight.

#20 You Grew It/Made It:  A card I made for my best friend's birthday in October. The butterfly is outlined in a white glitter & the body is 3 clear jewels.


#21 Invokes A Childhood Memory: This jade horse was in my step-mother's home for many years & when my Dad passed away, she gave it to me. I remember making up stories about this wild beast, that I could tame & ride.  It's about 8" high.

Alt A:  Recent Purchase: yes it's my new toilet in the upgraded ensuite bathroom, sitting on the new Plan C floor of the ensuite bathroom. It's really not that closed in ...



Alt C: Free Choice.  I met with one of my good friends that moved away last year, in this new to me park, yesterday, which is almost half way for her. It will be a definite return visit for me with Mr Man in tow.

 

Well that's a wrap & thank you again for playing along.  Who knows maybe with a winter break I'll come up with a new 2023 list for the SPSH.


18 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming up with another great set of photo prompts - it was fun trying to find them all. Except I never did come up with something that changes shape when wet! Had to use one of the alternatives for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb thanks for participating, you definitely had some great examples of the list. So glad you enjoyed. Of course many of the things on the list presented better examples after the deadline - of course.(col).

      Delete
  2. From butterfly to wild beast, now that's variety. And as it happens, I know that it is very hard to a realistic shot of a toilet from any angle. I tried to snap one of ours so we could match it up for the addition and it too looked very distorted in its space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Variety may not have been as strong this year for me, but I tried & I had fun, so I'll count myself successful. The new toilet was certainly a challenge to capture as decorative & "nice".

      Delete
  3. I've barely left our house since COVID. Sad to say, but thankfully we have fun things to look at around us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally when I started participating in photo searches it was with the idea to look around. After all these years of my own lists & others, I think I pay attention a lot more. COVID has a lot to answer for!

      Delete
  4. A fab collection of finds - Terry Fox Park looks lovely, Thank you so much for organising us all this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Ruth & I'm glad you participated. My collection, IMO, lacked the adventure I had hoped for, but as we all know life often has other plans for us. :)

      Delete
  5. Many thanks for organising the hunt again this year. I've published my final selection today, if you can add me to the list please?

    I love the 'in the distance' one and the 'oh so colourful' one, but think my favourite is the 'leaf veins'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Eileen. Of course once the search time period is ended, I find so many more "perfect" examples. "Oh so Colourful" could have also been "oh so fragrant". Peonies are such a heady scent. IMO

      Delete
  6. My post just went up! Like you, I had a last minute capture. I love your choice for Wind Power--we have several chimes in our yard--not once did I think of them. Also love your beautiful card! I managed to get them all, but as of last night, was pretty sure I'd come up short. Thanks for creating the list and keeping up with the postings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen I don't think your captures were short - some amazing finds. I originally thought we'd be having an adventure north of here, where there a several wind farms with the big turbines, so was I unstuck myself from thinking of only them, I rested on the wind chimes :) Thank you again for participating.

      Delete
  7. You had some great finds for the prompts! I like the selfie of you and Smoke! And the blanket on your lap!
    Thank you for hosting the SPSH and I hope you will do so, again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. That cat blanket on my lap was a gift many years ago, it's lovely & cozy for these cooler evenings. Glad you participated & had some fun with the list :)

      Delete
  8. Super photos.
    I've just posted my final photos http://karens365photos2009.blogspot.com
    I've loved this years hunt. Thank you for organizing this again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. The list was a challenge. So glad you participated.

      Delete
  9. ..."The results, the conclusion, the finale"... and, indeed, possibly the swansong!

    I have been enjoying looking at everyone's finds. There have been some really excellent ones. I am in awe of your friend's private woodland. I was going to say envious but then I thought, "nah - the responsibility wouldn't suit me!" Stunning peonies and card, and the shoes made me smile. I don't know how it is that I so often end up with four pairs at one door and none where I need them! I swear they go awanderin' when I am asleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also enjoyed seeing what others have found, there are some really good examples of the list. My friend with the large property doesn't do much with the woodlot, it is left to be, but having most of it with cedar trees, there isn't too much to do & walking back there is a huge cushion of mulch from the cedar "leaves". Her neighbour does a regular clean up of the dead or downed trees; he uses the wood for his fireplace in winter.

      Delete