Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Me On A Monday - But It Is A Tuesday September 20th

 

Source: Internet

Good Morning.  I hope all is well in your corner of the world. What an emotional day yesterday - beautifully done, Her Majesty would have been proud.

Over the last few weeks, I've read on a number of blogs, people are feeling that September, or Autumn, is a time of change in their personal lives ... a new year of sorts.  

This week I listened to this uTube video from Joshua Becker:  Change Your Life.  It is a similar message from a post I wrote several weeks ago ... nothing changes if nothing changes or as Joshua says, Change Your Life To Change Your Life.   

When I announced one morning at breakfast to Mr Man, the statement of nothing changes if nothing changes, it opened up several larger & ongoing conversations.  At first Mr Man did not understand, but after talking about it, I think, I hope, Mr Man now "gets it".  

For me, September has always been the start of something new. Usually it was school either as a student or as an instructor,  but mostly September has & continues to trigger other changes or new starts, and in some cases a returning to.  I feel that vibe of a new year.  Several companies I have worked with have had their new financial years begin in September.  

This September I've got not only that vibe of new, but a vibe of not fitting into my life, much the way we feel after a holiday of indulges, when we don't fit into those favourite jeans afterwards.  To get back to that fit, we have to shed a few pounds. That's how I feel in the middle of September 2022, I need to shed a few things.  

On my blog & on others, we have talked about shedding or dealing with those life annoyances that crop up, the silent (nagging) to do lists.  Normally I love lists, but when I see my list of life annoyances and/or silent to dos creeping in more & more, I know, I feel it is time for a change.  Nothing changes, if nothing changes.

I've got my big flip chart out where I am making a list of things to keep or things to shed, new habits that need developing or revisiting, lists of I would like to, lists of I am tired of this ... the pros & the cons.  I am sure that there are even nations going through this type of evaluation right now, but that's a topic for another day.

Are you going through any shifts, feelings or mindset changes this September?  Any tips or wisdom to share?

So now my big decision is, scented markers or regular but I'll leave you with this thought ... life has no remote, if you want to change the channel, you will have to get up & do it yourself.  

Source: Internet

 


15 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about September being the new start. I went from family life revolving around the school year for the children, to working at a school and still having the new year starting in September! This year in particular we have more 'newness' in September as our grandchildren move on in the education system and our childminding duties reduce. I am determined not to waste this new free time, it's just a matter of finding something to do with that extra day. I must not fritter it away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's that feeling of frittering away valuable time. For me, some of the habits I got into during the first two years of the pandemic need to be packed away, they no longer serve or benefit. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm in the same mind as you, that feeling that I'm frittering away valuable time. It does relate to habits formed during the lockdowns that I'm finding it hard to break. I'll be interested to hear what you come up with. x

      Delete
    3. I probably need to give myself one major kick in the pants. I'll be keeping a journal of sorts on my progress.

      Delete
    4. This applies to me too! I have had a few weeks which I have started with a proper to-do list, and managed to make some headway, but then other things crop up, demanding my attention and sooner or later I realise I am floundering, fire-fighting and not in control of anything any more! Scream!

      Delete
    5. It's many of those un-planned for "needs my attention now" things that de-rail me. I am still in the planning stage for the new schedule of where & what I want to spend or invest my time ... not sure how to schedule in "unforeseen" items (col).

      Delete
  2. I think September inspires change thanks to new academic year starting - look at me with my 30 days of learning something new.
    A friend of mine is also fond of the saying "nothing changes if nothing changes" and I admit to saying it to The Brainy One on one or more occasions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the 30 days of learning something new, I just haven't found the key to connect to knowing with much doing (col, but not). Did TBO "get" the nothing changes if nothing changes? I think this journey is going to be one I do alone.

      Delete
  3. Great post with lots to ponder! I don't like change! My mother used to say that change was good and my religion tells me that change is constant and nothing stays the same! But, I still don't like change! Sometimes, though, change is necessary and I must accept it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not fond of change at all. I know that if change is not my idea, I'm usually found with my heels digging in as I am dragged along (col).

      Delete
  4. I have always had a "new year" attitude in September, and often go through a process similar to what you seem to be wrestling with. This year other things have taken up some of my emotional time--upcoming surgery, and perhaps two! My intentions at the beginning of the month are no longer realistic, so I guess I'll have to put off the "new start" until later this fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess any month or any day is a good time to start. Upcoming surgery is certainly a change that needs all your energy & focus at the moment. Sending healing prayers.

      Delete
  5. For teachers I think September has always been the real New Year. Of course, we did not always celebrate it is style although it may have driven some to drink. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While not an educator of children, some of the adults that I had in my classrooms have certainly tempted me to a lunch time drink (col).

      Delete
  6. The key to any change is getting started, and then keeping going. I haven't yet listened to Joshua's video, but will put it on my list. I think I want to pick 2 or 3 things to work on changing and if possible see if they can work together to further all the purposes.

    ReplyDelete