Monday, September 05, 2022

Me On A Monday & SPSH

 Good Morning, I trust everyone is well.  It's a holiday here in Canada - Labour Day.  The day before the kids return to school & many return to office life.  

We are winding down to the home stretch of the 2022 SPSH.  How are you doing with the list?  I must admit not venturing too far a field this year,  there's a few that still have me stumped, but I thought I would share  what I have found before the next & last check in on September 30th.

#6 A Corner - this is my friend's clematis, but she's been training it to spread out from the corner in two directions.  Such a pretty example of a well trained Ville de Lyon clematis

#22 Add 1-2 To Change The Taste - one of my favourite summer drinks to sip on & I believe it is called an Arnold Palmer ... 1/2 ice tea, 1/2 lemonade 



#6 Sipping On - the Arnold Palmer!

 #12 Fuzzy Wuzzy Texture.  Two entries for this one as one lead to the other (1) The Globe Thistle bloom is spiky at first but then gets all fuzzy soft, the bees like the spiky & the fuzzy versions. This bee was very busy on the Globe Thistle & the Purple Cornflowers. He/she was very fuzzy with all the pollen collected.



#13 All Gone - the flowers on the hosta, all done which is sad because the bees & hummingbirds love! 


#19 Culture, Yours Or Another - Chapman's Ice Cream and frozen treats, is an all Canadian (Markdale, Ontario) family owned company & it seems that my little chippie friend approves of my choice. Dave & Penny Chapman started the company in 1973 & still come in to work every day. During the initial COVID vaccine roll out Chapman's allowed the province to use their large freezers to store the vaccine as they had the space & the capability of getting the freezers at the correct storage temperatures.  All at no charge! Chapmans are known to be good employers & they contribute much back to the local communities.  Oh, and we use the empty containers to measure out the day's peanut & sunflower allotment to the chipmunks. 


And that is a wrap for now  👩

14 comments:

  1. Fun fact about Chapman's. They had a fire at their facility years ago. They continued to pay their employee's wages while they had to rebuild and expand, even when nobody could come in and work. They've done a lot for their own community and when the Ontario government was busy shutting down small schools, Chapman's offered to build a brand new school in the town, rather than having their employee's children get bussed to a different town much farther away. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read many similar stories about Chapman's commitment to community & their workers ... if only I lived closer, I'd be putting my name on their potential employee list.

      Delete
  2. Our grandies like Arnold Palmers, too! And hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this summer drink, not too sweet, not too tart. I've tried using my own recipe for ice tea & lemonade, very tasty but a lot of work :)

      Delete
  3. Not only must L’s food be pate, but it must be seafood based, and then, not all seafoods are created equal. I do try to have 3 or 4 varieties on hand and rotate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what we don't do for our fur children. My girls are also pate only eaters. They also have a bowl of crunch out for during the day nibbling & that is a whole other story of fussiness !

      Delete
  4. Lovely photo of the globe thistles, and oooooooh how sweet, the little cuteness in the yoghurt pot!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little cutie in the container is Timmer, she's the most regular in visits. I enjoy the cycle of bloom on the Globe Thistle. :)

      Delete
  5. I think I am down to needing just three more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you Ruth. I have a couple that I'm not really that impressed with, so I'm on the search for better examples. Even though it was "my" list, it has me challenged on several. :)

      Delete
  6. I made a list Saturday of the photos I still need. I have ideas for some of them, but like you there are a couple that have me stumped. On the other hand, I have multiples for one of them! Yours are great---love the clematis. We planted one this summer, but it been disappointing so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular clematis of my friend's is one of at least 5 she planted & this is the only one that produced flowers. Multiples of one theme can also be fun. :)

      Delete
  7. You found some lovely photos! I'm still struggling but, will make an effort to post what I've found, so far, later this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get all the finds on the list, but oh well, it was fun trying to find :) I look forward to seeing yours .

      Delete