Monday, February 20, 2023

Me On A Monday - February 20th

 Good Morning. Hope everyone is well. It's a holiday here in Ontario, Family Day, so I'll be brief.  We have a confirmation surgery date of end of March, for Mr Man's first of two eye surgeries, so I know I'll be loosing some time for The 100 Day Project.  So this weekend I got a bit of a head start on the Wednesday, 22nd start date of the project.

Here are some cards I made from two of the Paper Pumpkin kits. Certainly not my usual style.  The great thing about the kits is that everything you need is included, ink, embellishments, card bases, glue dots & envelopes.





I also got some scrap booking in; the first page is for my garden album to celebrate the arrival of winter 2022/2023. I'm not usually a one photo on a page type of scrapper, but as part of The 100 Day Project, I wanted to push against my "normal" style. I like how the trees turned out.





The other page is the start of 2022's Christmas pages.




I hope everyone has a marvelous day, I'm off to continue with my winter resolve of making friends with winter ...

16 comments:

  1. Love your cards and the scrapbooking pages! Hope all goes well with Mr. Man's eye surgeries when they take place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Bless. I also like the scrapbook page, the cards came together quickly so there's that I like about them. :)

      Delete
  2. Good to have the date through now and the perfect excuse for starting your 100 days a few days early. I love the scrapbook page with the arched window - what a clever way of displaying a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I really like the window & trees on this layout, I may re-use the layout sketch for the arrival of all the seasons this year.

      Delete
  3. It’s pretty gray here this mornirg, but I hope your friendship with winter goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter & I argue a lot but seeing as it is the biggest of the seasons here, I am trying to be more open to the pleasures it can, or might offer. :)

      Delete
  4. Good to have an actual date to work towards. I also like how the arched window is ideal next to the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This layout was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest. I think I need more snowflakes.

      Delete
  5. The cards are great; love those backgrounds! And you know, of course, that I'm a huge fan of clean and simple, so that one photo scrapbook page is "right up my alley!" The trees are wonderful!n Glad to hear you've got a firm date for the surgery; keeping you both in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The cards in these P/P will certainly challenge me & I will probably seek out on Pinterest alternatives, but my plan is to make at least 1 of each of the cards in the kit as designed. The trees are from Elizabeth Craft Designs die set.

      Delete
  6. Love your cards - so bright and citrusy and those trees on your scrapbook page look great.
    PS Thanks for commenting on my blog 🙂. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I am enjoying your photos you take during your walks - such beautiful places.

      Delete
  7. I trust all will go well with the surgery. I like the idea of challenging yourself to step out of your usual path. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say stepping out of my comfort zone is a regular occurrence for me. It seems I have to make deliberate choices for that!

      Delete
  8. Your cards will lift the spirits of anyone who receives them. Just darling. Did you add a water color treatment to the lemons or was that just the way the paper you used looked? I love it!!

    I don't usually do a single photo on a scrapbook page either. Should try it. I see beautiful layouts around a single image. Have a couple of special photos of my grands I should try it with. Your tree is lovely. Winter is so picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lemons came that way in the kit, but I would like to find some paper with that watermark effect ... no no no, no more paper (lol). I like this scrap page for the visual impact, but it won't be my usual style of one photo. You should try at least once, there are some lovely single photo layouts to scraplift.

      Delete