Monday, March 11, 2024

Me On A Monday - March 11th

 Good Morning.  I hope that everyone had a good week & weekend & ready to start another week.  We moved our clocks forward this weekend by one hour; spring ahead


Currently Reading:  No Two People, by Erica Bauermeister. Not too far into it, but so far I am really enjoying the book, the characters & the plot line. The title is taken from the Writings of Madam Swetchine, "no two persons ever read the same book, or saw the same picture". From the jacket of the book "that was the beauty of books, wasn't it? They took you places you didn't know you needed to go..."  Couldn't agree more.

Currently Watching: series 13 of Vera. Sad that it is only 3 episodes. So only one to go. But glad that there will be a series 14.  We also watched Murder is Easy. No, not a favourite.  We found the acting very stifled & stiff.  

Currently Pleased:  I was so happy to see the photo shared on Mothering Sunday of our Princess of Wales, Catherine, with the children.  She looks well, maybe a little pale, but did my heart good to see her beautiful smiling self again.  

SOURCE: Internet (photo taken by Prince William)



12 comments:

  1. Oh that photo is the subject of much controversy here this morning in the UK - so much so that it has now been removed from news outlets. I'll let you google the hows and whys! I do hope that she is recovering well from whatever procedure she had done and that the press respect her privacy until she feels well enough to return to public life.
    I didn't realise that you move your clocks forward before us. It usually takes me a few days to stop saying 'the clocks say x o'clock but the time is really ...'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read about the removal of the photo. We'll have to wait & see what transpires - Kensington Palace has released a statement saying that Catherine, Princess of Wales, apologies for editing the family photo. A storm in a tea cup my Gran would say. We can thank the American President, George W Bush for in 2005 changing our clocks earlier than the rest of the world - part of his energy bill. I'll say no more about that!

      Delete
    2. The world is on fire and the media is bleating about an edited photo ... get a grip!

      Delete
  2. I won't add to what Debs has already said about the photo from KP - I also liked it.
    We have another two weeks before we change the clocks to British Summer Time - the lighter evenings will be welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. Thankfully from what I have seen the general public is behind Catherine & calling out the press. One royal reporter, who I thought was pretty good, she's on & on about the downfall of the royal family ... oh please!

      Delete
  3. As usual, there's been a lot of controversy about the time change here as well as the photo mentioned above. I'm always grateful for the extra hour of daylight, but my daughter would prefer not to make the change. I read this week that staying on DST would be best: fewer documented accidents involving deer, and fewer human deaths in general. I enjoyed No Two People, also enjoyed her memoir about restoring a house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently Ontario is waiting for Quebec (province) & New York (state) to agree with staying on DST as we all trade together. I'll look for Erica's memoir. :)

      Delete
  4. My sleep schedule is already so out of whack that the time change barely makes any difference, but, I am looking forward to having more daylight in the evenings. :) I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The experts tell us it takes over a week for people to adjust to DST & then the same in the Autumn when we "fall back". The cats don't see to care either way (col).

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I feel badly for the royals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the media making the fuss, not the general public over this photo - a ridiculous fuss IMO & I am SO surprised & disappointed by several of the female hosts of tv shows going on & on. I've checked, so far this year I'm not wearing my wedding rings in at least half the photos & our marriage is strong. Rant over (col).

      Delete