Monday, March 04, 2024

Me On A Monday - March 4th

 


Good Morning.  Weather wise a bit of a crazy time; temperatures fluctuating by 15 degrees within a 3-hour window on Wednesday; at 11am it was +11 degrees by 1pm it was -4. Snow, then rain & now the forecast for this week are temperatures set to break records with a warming trend.  It is, in my opinion, definite signs of climate change.  March, in this part of the world, came in like a lamb.  Forecast is March will leave like a lion.  

So other than some weather chit chat, I've got nothing.  I'll share a few things that made me chuckle out loud this past week. A few of these actually happened to me. 

1.  I hate it when healthy me goes shopping, because right now chubby me wants a snack.

2. Welcome to adulthood; you get mad when they rearrange your grocery store.

3. I hate it when I go into the kitchen for something to eat & all I find are ingredients.

4. Nothing says middle age more than sending a text after a night out, that says, "here's the soup recipe I was talking about".

5. Kuchisabishii:  When you are not hungry but eat because your mouth is lonely.

and finally ...

6. I'm thinking that if 2024 were a drink, it would be the colonoscopy prep drink.

Happy week to all. 



9 comments:

  1. They made me laugh too!
    Hope your weather settles down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm with you on #2! :) Hoping your weather improves very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - Monday we broke a 1966 record with a high of +17! Tuesday was another near record of +15.

      Delete
  3. Fun stuff, but I am now humming, "I'm a little teapot ..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine you starting to do the gestures with the tune (lol).

      Delete
  4. Our weather has been crazy too. The temperature dropped 10 degrees last week while I was at a Lenten discussion group which lasted just an hour. On the 9 minute drive home, it dropped another 3°. Today it was the second day this week when the temperatures broke the high temperature mark. And for your list : #2 and #4 are so, so true! #6 made me laugh out loud! That teapot is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The changing of the store layout drives me to distraction. I know or at least use to know where everything was, so my trips to the grocery store could be efficient & quick. Last week I was wandering around like it was my first time in a major grocery store ... I know first world woes (col). On Monday we broke a temperature record held since 1966.

      Delete
  5. Seems like your weather can't quite decide if it wants to be winter or spring! Meanwhile, in northern California, they are having what is being called a blizzard! Some places are supposed to have received over 7 feet of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read about the blizzard in Northern California - so many trapped in their homes. Crazy weather times.

      Delete