Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Pair of Hills That Are Alive

Linking in with Helena's fantastic idea of weekly Pairs at http://helenascreativemaven.blogspot.ca/

This week my Pairs are two of the 4 hills that I go up and down, I do the neighbour loops twice. Some days these hills are alive with my strained breathing, some days not so much. Some days these hills are alive with the sound of car traffic, some days there isn't a sign of anyone about. In the Spring,  the trees bordering these hills are alive with bird song.  Now as Autumn arrives these hills are live with the sound of rustling leaves under foot.  But everyday these hills remind me I am alive and able to walk.


Looking Up Brady
Looking Up Queen






















































PS - just had to sneak in the other Pair of hills, can't have any one left out  :)
Looking Up McKenzie


Looking Up Princess






















14 comments:

  1. nice hills...where I live(on the Prairies) all our roads are completely flat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I know the plains of Saskatchewan and east Manitoba. Beautiful.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely phrase you have given me to roll around my tongue for the rest of the day. The hills are alive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope it didn't drive you to distraction :0 I am totally amazed at the sounds unique to the walk, so different to the sounds 3 km away in the centre of the village.

      Delete
  3. We live at the bottom of a rather significant hill, but it's a dead end at the top so I almost never walk it. I go the other way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think living on a dead end street would certainly reduce the amount of traffic, not that we have a huge problem in our little side streets.

      Delete
  4. Ah - nice hills. I always feel a sense of achievement at the top of the hill. These look as if they'd be fun to sled down too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes some days there is real achievement getting to the top and still being able to speak. We have a big sled hill just behind us, no cars, which gets a lot of traffic of sledders and tobogganers

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. thanks Helena, it is a pretty walk, the older section has no sidewalks, the newer section sidewalks on one side, so even that is a nice variety.

      Delete
  6. "...With songs they have sung / For a thousand years..." What a nice post.
    Aside from the beautiful blue skies you had on photo day, I really like the sentiment of this. It reminded me of a round robin email I once got, about looking on the bright side. Two I remember were "The clothes that fit too snugly, because it means I have enough to eat" and "The parking space furthest from the store, because it means I can walk".
    I'd like to walk these hills, witness their life, and be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blue sky! Lovely hills for walking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skies have been big and quite blue for days now. A little rain would be nice for the trees. stressed trees don't make pretty coloured leaves.

      Delete