Monday, September 07, 2015

Me On Monday - September 7th, 2015

Linking in with Sian and sending a big morning wave to her along with all the other lovely blogging ladies.  You can connect with everyone here:  http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.ca/



Sun's Warming Rays Through Fog on Patio

Welcome September – really? already? /  today is a holiday Monday – Labour Day / why do I remember that today would have been Queen Elizabeth I’s birthday, ah school /  in the ongoing exercise of increasing spontaneity in my life, I said yes to a last minute invite to join a friend at her home for new deck viewing & a dip in the pool / spent lots of time in the pool – I forgot how much I like being in water / introduction to Smirnoff’s Ice (alcohol cooler) / anxious to start the garden clean up / everything in the pots & ground looking thirsty & tired / working hard to stave off that end of summer blue feeling / shopping & then returns, wrong plug for iphone / a little time for scrapping / walking in the mall where it’s cooler – oh the humidity has been wicked this past week / heat records for September 2nd & 6th / creative menu planning that did not require any heat source for a couple of days /  Formula One watching - oh Nico so sorry for your engine failure / fur girls transitioning between kittens & cats (adults) so there is a last hurrah of naughtiness (well that’s my story) / searching for a series on DVD that I can use for treadmill walking / from garden lots of tomatoes ripening; yummy / still waiting for library to call with Rising Strong book /  mailing birthday cards / not sleeping well at all !!!!!!! / patience finally rewarded with capture for Pairs – I have been stalking all summer for this photo op (not turtles) / finishing up SPSH, awaiting permission from people in a particular photo to share on line / gathered up my entire blank ready to use journals – oh my, I need to just stop buying & start using ! / wow, found a bunch of diet journals / colouring / had my first Gelato – thanks Chapman for Tiramisu gelato / enjoying tea/coffee on the patio in the cool of the morning - everything so foggy.

Well Monday - bring it on and I hope that includes some much needed rain and a reduction in the humidity!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely patio picture. I like the idea of time in a pool. I could do with that now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spending time in my friend's pool really makes me want my own pool. Mr Man says he'll buy me one of the blow up kiddie pools :(

      Delete
  2. Wow: heat records! we've had the coldest summer for 20 years. I hope you get some nice autumnal weather soon. And enjoy your holiday day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Environment Canada issued Extreme Heat Alerts today - I would gladly trade today for some better sleeping weather, but the official government folks tell us no problem with climate change ... I'll say no more for now.

      Delete
  3. Could you send us a little of that sun and heat - summer seems to have passed us by here :)
    Lovely photos, what a beautiful view x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Louise H I would gladly share some of this heat. Maybe your Autumn will be lovely and warm :)

      Delete
  4. Hot and humid here as well, but the forecast is for thunderstorms for most of the next 10 days! I'll stick with sunshine, thanks! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that all the thunderstorms are moving south of us but they do predict cooler temperatures by Wednesday. We really need a Woman's Rain (gentle) all night to help the trees.

      Delete
  5. what summer..we haven't had one. I can only dream of spending time in the pool. Sounds like you're enjoying the warmth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am counting the days until we get air conditioning - this humidity makes sleeping really difficult. I will send warm thoughts your way.

      Delete
  6. I'm like you on the stationery front... SOOO much writing paper and I rarely write a handwritten letter any more. And still the purchases continue...!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hoping I will have profound and lovely words to record in these journals. As for the diet journals, this last 6 weeks have been filled with dietary naughty pleasures of which I am to embarrassed to record!

      Delete
  7. The sunlight in your photo is just beautiful, and I so envy what seems to me like your gloriously warm weather :). We've already got the fire on here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Oh Alexa that thought of a fire gave me a hot flash :) This morning we are experiencing some light rain which is driving the humidity up again.

      Delete
  8. I'm with you. How on earth can it be September already? It's a shame we can't meet in the middle on the temperature front and then we'd all be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a return to more livable temperatures but still need rain, the sprinkles we received yesterday are just not enough. While I enjoy Autumn I am not prepared to relinquish summer yet.

      Delete