Friday, September 25, 2015

December Daily - A Look Back

Christmas - It is 3 months today so I thought we could take a look back at some of my December Daily pages from previous years.  There is no particular order of the pages I am displaying.  And now that I look at them in this post, I can't figure out why they look a little off kilter - something yet to master.

I am a simple scrapper and I certainly haven't adventured into recreating some of the pages I so admire by the master December Daily scrappers. My December Daily Pinterest board is full and ready to inspire, although I need to be careful as not to be so overwhelmed by the greatest of skill that I become paralyzed with self doubt and end up just sticking the photos down or shoving them into page pockets. I do not think I will be making any new purchases as I have a huge stash of Christmas papers, stickers, die cuts, bling and of course my Silhouette machine is ready to cut out any creation my heart desires.

Last year I did a lot of pocket pages (and trust me those are hard to photograph), with a few full pages in the mix.  In 2013 I did all pocket pages and in 2012 I did all single page layouts, one 12X12" for each and every day of December.  2012's album was a lot of work and frustrated me to no end.  2013 of all pocket pages did not engage me in my hobby of scrapping in the same way.  I think last year's blend of the two is a recipe for me to capture the days this year.  For colours I do tend to be a traditional red, green, gold & silver with some blue kind, of December scrapper.  

Some days when I have nothing to record I use those days to remember what music or movies or special treats we are enjoying over the holidays. Last year I recorded the costs of Christmas.  I have been doing Santa photos of my cats at home since 2007.  The new fur girls, Smokey & Sooty were not quite use to sitting still last Christmas, so I wasn't as successful, hence why they were Christmasized sleeping in the Twas The Night Before Christmas layout.  This year I have great expectations for them to pose with Santa.

So what about you; will you be creating a December Daily album or an online recounting of the days?  New purchases, relying on the stash?  Red and green?  And have you started your Christmas shopping?

Title Page - Silhouette Cuts

Title Page - Silhouette Cut

Some of the Christmas movie selection









Some of the Christmas CDs

Advent calendars - both online and physical versions

Tim Horton's special cup and paper wrap each Christmas













Night time Farmer's Christmas Light Parade

Smudge Pudding was SO co-operative with Santa

Twas The Night Before Christmas - all snug in their bed







































Two of my favorites from the Santa collection

4 comments:

  1. A 12x12 layout a day is a BIG commitment, I can understand the frustration! Nice use of the Silhouette. :) I'm buying a few new things for my DD, and planning just a little 5x7 book this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delanie your DD pages are always a great inspiration. I am looking forward to your DD posts. This year I am going to venture into more bling & fling as I call it. I look back at some pages and think oh how boring I was, so this year creativity will be unleashed :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I love looking ahead to Christmas. This year I will have the privilege of working on a Gossamer Blue December Memories album and the sneaks are looking so good. I can't wait for it to arrive.

    I think there is definitely a "paralysed by Pinterest" effect. Look too long and I start thinking "I could never do that".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing what you create with Gossamer Blue December Memories.

    ReplyDelete