Tuesday, December 12, 2017

December Daily - I Have A Start

I thought it was time I showed you some of my start to December Daily.  In the end I decided I wanted to do & be part of "that" community.  It really is a fun way to document the season & even a better way to reflect back on previous years in what worked & didn't work so well.

My DD is a combination of pocket pages; these particular pages I got from Becky Higgins & were suppose to be full 12X12" pages but when they arrived, there was a note saying sorry, not quite up to 12X12" size.  I kept them with the idea of one day using.  2017 has been about simplifying things & using what I have.

This year rather than "My Reasons Why" or a "Christmas Manifesto", I have gone with a welcome to Christmas 2017, stating some of my/our intentions for the season.  I have had this big plaid bow sheet for at least 10 years & decided, yes it's time to use it.  Took a few tries to get the page to fit within the bow.  Simple & I like.

My full page about our favourite Christmas movies isn't quite complete because I just couldn't work on it with any embellishment pieces out - one or both cats decided they should help.  I'll say no more about feline scrapping help.  There are many movie page ideas on the December Daily FaceBook pages, this year everyone seemed to be making round look like a movie real  ... remember I said simple was my 2017 theme.  I thought the popcorn bag was a great an ok way to showcase the movies.  I have a couple of stickers that are drink with straw & candy box that I will place in the left hand corner with a die cut scalloped circle behind them.  This page looks better in my head than it is shaping up to be.

I created a 2 page spread about Elf Surveillance warnings, both of which I got as freebies online & I am using two printed photos from last year's DD that I did not use, one of the Elves & one of Teddies.  Simple although I still need to write in my little darlings mis-deeds in, which I am sure I will have choice between now & Christmas Day.















My last example is one of the actual pocket pages; the opposite incomplete pocket page has the journaling about making & mailing cards, along with the cost of stamps & my hesitation in mailing from the community mailboxes.

Please check in with these lovely ladies, they are masters at  creating simple, artful & complete December Daily pages.  They are my she-roes in the scrapping world, especially for December Daily. 

Ruth at:  This West London Life 
Mel at: My Silvery Moon

7 comments:

  1. It's all looking good so far. I've considered doing December Daily but have never actually got round to it - once the month starts I'm so busy with all the music commitments that I don't have time for anything artistic. Look forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Eileen your music is SO VERY artistic & I envy your gift & talent. That's the great thing about any scrapping project, you can do later! December Daily for me is an area I have to be careful not to get caught up in the comparison spiral because if I see too many "perfect" pages, I get discouraged & stop.

      Delete
  2. I love the feeling of using up supplies one's had in stock for ages. So satisfying! I have a ton of writing paper that rarely sees the light of day now the world's gone electronic. And still I buy more! I like your opening page and the tartan bow is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should make a meme of posting our stashes of "guilty pleasures" I have several 8 1/2 X 11" sheets of paper that could double as stationary for letters, especially those created on/in the computer. I am finding it very hard not to go to my favourite scrapping stores because it weakens my resolve not to add to the stash. I gave away a huge pile of paper to a co-worker.

      Delete
  3. Great start! I think I did 11 Christmas Journals. Last year with Hannah's birth mine never got finished, and I ended up doing a Christmas spread in my Project Life album. This year I didn't even consider starting, but I just love all my albums, so I may be sorry eventually! I love the idea of thinking about our stashes as "guilty pleasures"---that's what they are! Sadly, the closest store to me is in Buffalo so it's the internet that's the temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment! Well done for using the bow wreath paper; the text looks fab inside it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I have long admired your scrapping pages & it is through December Daily connections that I "found you"

      Delete