Monday, December 04, 2017

Memo, Mail & Me: Monday Dec 4th




We are now posting in one of the merriest months.  So many types of celebrations, festivals & feasts, which many feature light as a theme.  It certainly does feel that the world is ending with all the hours of darkness.  Let us celebrate the light.

My Advent Candle Ring
This is my Advent wreath, week 1 & 2 candles are purple, week 3 candle is pink & the 4th & final week the candle is again purple.  My heritage tradition, of which I continue with, is that on Christmas day all the candles are changed to white.  I know some place a white candle in the centre to represent the Christ child.
 
On the memo front, Mr Man received good news that the injections have made improvement & reduced the bleeding & swelling behind the eye - yeah!  Next injection is not scheduled until mid-January.

On the mail front - this year my hand made Christmas cards were done without a lot of frustration & for the most part I am rather pleased satisfied with my efforts.  Although those very talented card markers out there have nothing to fear from me! Stamping is still a skill I need to develop, it's such commitment.  We will post our cards later today from the main postal station.  I no longer trust pick up of outgoing mail at our community mail box, as two earlier experiences saw mail I posted from there, take 4-6 weeks to deliver.  I delayed posting a few days from my usual December 1st date because I needed to have an activity to record for my December Daily.  Ah the lengths we scrapbookers go to.

Our church held their annual Christmas bazaar on Saturday of which I choose this year to contribute not with baking, but with financial; a crisp new $5 note for the money tree & a bottle of wine for the wine tree.  Both of these are big hits & earn lots of raffle dollars.  The only thing I purchased was a tea Advent calendar, which I will give as a gift later this week.  Thankfully the lady that made these calendars listed all the types of teas & I was able to grab a photo of it before packaging up with the boxes.  
Tea Sampler Advent Calendar



All of my Christmas decorating is done & yes yet again it looks like Christmas threw up at my house.  Under instructions from the Minister of Exteriors, aka Mr Man, I was successful in reducing Christmas stuff by one box.  As Minister of Interiors, it was a very hard task to decide what stays, what goes.  It's all so pretty.

I was supervised with most of my decisions & decorating by Miss Smokey Puss, who seemed to be having a chat with Santa.  Sooty Paws was too busy being naughty to have her photo taken!

We kicked off December with watching Miracle on 34th Street & later Sunday evening we watched Love Actually

I still believe in Santa Claus.  He may not be the one that puts the presents under the tree, but his spirit works through us each time we give freely without expectation & each time we spread joy, love, & light.   ... Meadow Linn



13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your cat! I like the idea of a wine tree. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn, Smokey is a very special girl, she loves to be held like a baby & then she'll fall asleep in my arms ... although this morning her throwing up doesn't make me a happy Mom.

      Delete
  2. Love that quote! Now December is here I feel like it's not too early to be starting the Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, that quote I must say found me in the most unlikely of places. I try to have all the decorating done as close to Dec 1/2 - it's such a short season. Hope you enjoy your decorating fun.

      Delete
  3. A wine tree sounds like fun, and I'd bid on it; but my Methodist sisters and brothers would have a heart attack lol. The tea sampler Advent calendar would be a big hit, and I know I'd be interested.

    We used the 3 purple/1 pink candle colors when I was little, but the 3rd Sunday of Advent wasn't really different than the others in my tradition, so I eventually switched to 4 purple. Now we use blue. We have always used a central white candle. Your wreath is so pretty!

    We are also trying to reduce the amount of Christmas decorations. It's hard! How do you decide?

    Happy Cookie Day (December 4th), because how can we not celebrate cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wine tree is VERY popular but I do warn we need to be careful since bringing wine into the church hall - it just might get converted to water! (col). Thanks, I like my Advent wreath. Thinning out the Christmas ornaments had a call sheet of sorts; was it whole; did it spark joy; does it mean something to me/us ... I did enjoy a cookie or two at lunch to celebration Cookie Day. :)

      Delete
    2. "spark joy" is one of the things I consider ever since I read that book. It's helpful :) Thx!

      Delete
  4. Last year I did a major purge of Christmas decorations. This year I let go of a few more, but truthfully, I also made a new purchase which I love. (Sure to be a photo on the blog before too long!) We haven't had an Advent wreath in many years. I think I'd like to do one again, but we didn't make it to the luncheon after church when they could be assembled. I'm hoping my cards will be in the mail by tomorrow night---Wednesday at the latest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purge started with things that are too crumpled, chipped/broken & a few things that really didn't spark any joy in me/us. On the tree I have quite an Angel collection & I haven't added to it in 2 years, cannot find one I like. My Santa collection that I put out in the dining room hasn't been added to - I have enough now. My cards, I drove to the post office but without the cards! Da! I think I have candy cane brain ... sticky.

      Delete
  5. OH, I really like that expression "Christmas threw up at my house." We do quite a bit of decorating, too! But I just can't help myself - it's so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa please use this expression (col). Christmas decorating should be fun & meaningful, you go girl!

      Delete
  6. I love love love your count down clip board...I so want to make one now :)
    So happy the injections were successful for your husband...my sil has had this done many times over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy thanks, it came together quite quickly once I decided my planned one was an epic Pinterest fail. I will post my other count down on Monday, it's another quick project.

      Delete