Monday, December 31, 2018

Me On A Monday - December 31st

 
Source: Internet

 2018.  You certainly were a whirlwind of activity & brought with you some tremendous gifts; thanks.  I cannot wait to greet your sister year of 2019.

Over the holidays  I agreed to cat sit, so that saw me out twice a day Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & Boxing Day - Mr Man asked me several times - "tell me again WHY did you agree to this?"

Over the holidays my plans were to catch up on some sleep but so far those plans have not panned out ... I keep falling asleep at 7pm & when I get up to actually get into bed, I'm then wide awake until well after midnight & wake at 3:30-4:00am.  Goal 1 for 2019 is sort this sleeping pattern & get it righted.

Over the holidays I've had little time to read but on Friday I picked up a book from the lightening table - which means I have have only 7 days to read it & return, which is a good motivation to sit down & be quiet.  I picked this book solely on the jacket cover; Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty, who also wrote Big Little Lies.  I have no idea what the book is about.  

Over the holidays I ate far too much & a lot of the wrong things for me.  I'll say no more.

Over the holidays, I sat quietly & thought about what I need to Focus on in 2019 & picked my 12 Angel Cards - let's just say it's going to be interesting.


Happy New Year everyone, thank you for joining me on Mondays & Thursdays in 2018 & thank you for all your kind  comments & support throughout the year. Cheers!

Source: Internet


18 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Mary-Lou. I trust 2019 treats you kindly. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Ella. I trust your 2019 is going to be a joyous one :)

      Delete
  2. I think we all overindulged in too much of the less healthy treats over the last week, but that's what Christmas is for, right? Easy to undo all the damage in the next month or so (I hope!)
    I know what you mean about cat sitting, I used to sometimes look after a neighbour's cat and Coco was not happy about me spending time over there mornings and afternoons but I was an old softy and worried about her missing her owners so felt I had to stay and keep her company for a while. She was very elderly and I used to worry so much something would happen to her on my watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I know what you mean about worrying that something will happen on your watch. Both these cats I have cared for over the years & both have health issues & not just age. I really may say no in 2019. My two fur girls only care that when I'm home, it's all about them!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you. I hope you manage to find a lovely, fulfilling new job, and that 2019 brings you both good health and much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I am working for "the job" that shows up early as I could do with a good start to 2019.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year's Eve! Someone gifted us a tin of Peppermint Bark, and I ate it all lol I've started looking at recipes, thinking maybe I could make my own next year :) I woke up at 3:20 this morning and never could go back to sleep. Some nights are like that, but I don't want it to be frequent. I've done cat-sitting for a friend, and her cat only needs checking on every 3rd day or so. A young, healthy, easy cat. It'd be hard to cat-sit for a cat with health problems. I hope you find inspiration in your focus for the year. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My friend is a little like me in that our fur babies are pampered little beasties ... oh peppermint bark sounds very yummy. I've made a bark with white chocolate, cranberries & almonds - um on the list for next year.

      Delete
  5. That's a very stylish banner on your mantelpiece, Mary Lou ... Hoping that there are many gifts ahead for you in 2018 too. (And perhaps fewer feline stresses!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa. I must confess that is not my mantle, although I have modelled something similar on ours. I hope for many gifts in 2019.

      Delete
  6. I've enjoyed your blog this year, Mary-Lou, and hope to continue following you in 2019. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris. I've certainly enjoyed having your comments in this journey.

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year to you and Mr. Man! May the new year bring you much good fortune and happiness. (The book has gotten good reviews, but I haven't read it. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I hope your 2019 is fabulous. The main character in this book, Frances, might be someone I like; at this point in the book, I care about her results at the spa. I need today to get a push on since I have to return by Friday.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year! Cat-sitting sounds like an adventure. :|

    I do hope you get the sleeping sorted out as we begin the new year! We've been staying up way too late the past couple of weeks that Robbie's been on vacation ... but have got to get to bed earlier tonight since he's back to work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a cat lover, it's always so wonderful to be with more cats. So far the sleeping isn't coming on to a bliss state. I spent a good half hour outside yesterday breathing deeply all that cold fresh air & walking ... I know it's going to take a bit :)

      Delete
  9. I'm a bit late, but Happy New Year! School and work began again today and that means more of a routine, which I hope will give me the time for more regular commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about the holiday season that puts us all in that mood & schedule that is out of the norm. I'm with you about returning to a nice knowable schedule :)

      Delete