Monday, January 28, 2019

Me On Monday - January 28th



"Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart..."  Victor Hugo (hope dream giftbook)

It's been a very uneventful week.  Too cold, icy & windy to walk outside; in plain speak, it's January in southern Ontario. Other than to church I haven't driven anywhere.  Mr Man & I did run some errands together into the near to us city for groceries but our timing was between snow events.  We have been blasted with lots of snow days, plunging temperatures, some nights with the wind chill factored in -32 (c). We are "bracing" for a "major" snow storm scheduled to arrived Monday afternoon into Tuesday morning.   I am baffled by the language used by the news reporting on the weather - it's all so disastrous & catastrophic.

As of right now I'm reading a trilogy of books, loaned to me by the lady I cat sit for; The Muskoka Novels by Gabriele Wills. 
Muskoka is an area north east of where I live & it's a well known area of cottages & lakes.  From Wikipedia; Muskoka is a summer destination for Toronto residents and was the #1 most searched Canadian destination for vacation rentals in 2017[3]. The Muskoka region was also ranked #1 for best trips of 2011 by National Geographic, and was a finalist for the same distinction in 2012.  Several Hollywood stars have large "cottages" in the region; Tom Hanks, Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell & Steven Spielberg.

As of right now I'm making slow progress on my sort of scrapping stuff.  I read in one of my minimalism books, that organizing & sorting of stuff while makes things tidy, it still isn't addressing the problem of too much stuff.  I need to ponder that one a little more. But for now the non seasonal related papers are organized by colour group into 12X12 plastic containers which are then inside the wire storage drawers.
I found in my sorting of crafting stuff, a die cut set of hearts I have but obviously never used because I did not know it contained a banner or border edge - it's like shopping in my own stash.  So I was (easily) distracted & made up a quick & simple Valentine's Day card using the border edge. 
Last week I received some very happy mail - always grateful for online blogging friends.  What a great project Ruth has undertaken, a year of thanking.  You can read about Ruth's project here:  This West London Life
As of right now, there's no new job looming, no prospects in the fire but I'm told not to be discouraged, it's the time of year, projects are just gearing up again after the Christmas break.



"some small courtesy may restore someone's faith in humankind. Thank goodness for kindly & cheerful ladies at the checkout."
 ... a bit of a paraphrase Charlotte Gray (smile giftbook) 
   ... and may I add thank goodness for blogging friends.



15 comments:

  1. Thank you (again) for mentioning me and my Year of Thanking project. I hope the snow storm doesn't bring too much disruption with it ... perhaps you can use the enforced time at home to further sort/redistribute your stash?
    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking of playing with my stash rather than sorting today - I've discovered a couple sheets that are perfect for some family memory keeping stories I want to save. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that weather forecast does not sound good - I think I would just hibernate! You certainly do get extremes of weather there, good thing you have a stash of good books to read by the fireside while the storms rage outside. Plus, of course, all that scrapbooking stash to rediscover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the wind that really bites into you & of course with the snow comes overcast skies. I need sunshine, I need to be outside I am having cabin fever, no wait, there's some crafting to play with ...

      Delete
  3. Brrrrr! I always think it's cold here in Memphis until I read weather descriptions from "up north", Wow!

    While it's true that "organizing & sorting of stuff ... isn't addressing the problem of too much stuff" it's _not_ true that "a lot" and "too much" are the same thing ;)

    I like that sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa I agree a lot & too much are very different. I waffle between the two on my scrapping paper. With the weather I'm always thankful I can be indoors with the choice of not going out.

      Delete
  4. I'm quite sympathetic about the weather; ours is not much better, and it was bitter cold in Wisconsin the last two days we were there. I can also relate to the sorting and organizing. I came home determined to reorganize my craft room. Although I do have a bag with items for the next garage sale, and a bag or two for the charity craft store, I've kept way too much! I've done just one corner of the room, much more to go! I've never heard of Muskoka, but now I'm curious! Love the valentine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you do get more snow than us although this storm we aren't avoiding - thankful for a snow blower. The Muskoka region is beautiful, lots & lots of little lakes (& big ones too).

      Delete
  5. I made it home today just as the storm was gaining strength and will indeed hibernate until everything calms down. I too also miss the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe the number of people driving out tonight in spite of all the warnings. I am most thankful today for a lovely fireplace.

      Delete
  6. Too cold! How on earth do you cope with it? I panic about driving in the little bit of snow we occasionally have over here! I hope the expected storm isn't too extreme and you stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen I doubt I will ever be a comfortable winter driver & I was born here & learnt to drive during winter ... mind you every storm day the news is full of road closures because of several cars crashed or trucks & cars crash; mostly because they drive too fast for the conditions of the road - you would think these drivers would know better but apparently not. And now we are into a deep freeze again & more snow forecasted - OK OK Mother Nature we get it - it's winter.

      Delete
  7. We’re expecting another storm tonight ...but winter does give us that time to organize but I too have waya too much and it's quite a task... Maybe I will find my red craft paper and heart stamps( ha ha)...Thanks for inspiring me to make some Valentine cards ..That's always a Happy way to pass time on a Cold and windy day ... Keep warm and cosy...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello & how lovely of you to drop by ... crafting IS such a delightful way to spend a forced indoors day, along with several mugs of tea, the fireplace on & two wonderful kitties to keep me company. I hope you have found your paper & stamps - making cards to celebrate love is always fun.

      Delete
  8. Golly, those weather conditions do sound very severe, and it must be hard to get out and about ... Indoor crafting and re-organising sounds restful and fruitful, though I can understand you feel a little anxious about work. Crossing my fingers for you. xx

    ReplyDelete