Thursday, January 24, 2019

Take Three Thursday - Marking Time

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  

Please have a peek at what others have found this week:
Melissa at: Bits & Pieces 
Mrs Wookie at: Mrs Wookies Wanderings
Alexa at: Trimming The Sails
 
Karen at: Random Reflections

This week what I've noticed has much to do with my 2019 goals; my discovery of a new way of setting goals, especially around my scrapping & storytelling style & methods.

While I am looking forward, I thought it would be interesting if not helpful to maybe have a look back on how I kept notes about the weather as my gardening scrapbooking is what I do most of.  I've been keeping notes about weather since high school because of a geography project.  By the way I scored a very high mark for my completed project.

What I noticed about my early weather calendars was the sense of fun & play about them, even in recording winter months or maybe because of winter.  I do know that I would find a sticker sheet & use it, no saving or stashing, no buy extra just in case.  Then as I review my current calendars I noticed a lessening of product use & definitely a lessening of play & fun on my page.

So my threesome to day is a look back, plus it also serves (me) with a reminder of returning to play, fun & using the stuff I have.  I haven't yet put together 2019 January's calendar page but you can be sure there will be a return to a sense of play in recording the month's weather.   Also to note, it was fun to look back to see how if any the weather patterns have changed.  Oh & these pages are not part of my school project, like so much from my youth, nothing was saved.

The first page is from 2004, the second is from 2005 & the third is from 2013






And yes I did have a quick thought "oh I wish I had bought two of those snowmen dies & sticker sheets because I would use them now " (would I though ?).

"wake up with a smile, go after life, live it, enjoy it, taste it, smell it, feel it."  Joe Knapp from  hope dream giftbook

12 comments:

  1. The rotund snowmen are rather jolly! I think all diaries/planners/calendars look better for a splash of added colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the snowmen sticker strip was an all time favourite - I've nothing like that in the current stash. I think I stopped with all the decorations because I wanted it to look polished, serious, but now I know it's about what I enjoy.

      Delete
  2. This post reminded me of my father who kept a record of the weather (though not as complete as yours) on his kitchen calendar. He could then tell you that this year's first snow was a month earlier than last winter. Your calendar pages are definitely more creative than his!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. The weather keeping was not only a school project but over the years listening to my Mom & Grandmother argue about weather (long story) so I decided keeping track was a good idea.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to record the weather! Love that group of happy snowmen. Our winter is already very different to last year, I wonder when the snow will appear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that some weather patterns emerge somewhat the same or at least within a week of year to year. But definitely warmer than say 20 years ago.

      Delete
  4. Oh how FUN to have these weather calendars! Yes, grab some stash & play this year ... and do share this year's calendar when the month is over, ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this year my January will have a splash of red & not just themed of blue ... I have the winter stash spread out all over my craft table.

      Delete
  5. Those are very cheerful snowmen!

    I like the idea of putting stash/play into your gardening calendar. I tend to use different coloured pens and occasionally small stickers/washi/stamps but most of the time my planners are very plain and work focused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My weather calendars go into my garden scrapbook & are very different from my daytimer - although so far this year my daytimer isn't recording work related stuff!

      Delete
  6. Well that's really interesting. You go to a lot of effort. I've never thought of this. But it must be fascinating to look back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been interesting & I am hoping to put some fun back into. Yesterday we were interested in an event & Mr Man said check what the weather was like last year to see if we should chance booking the tickets - so it does have some function :)

    ReplyDelete