Monday, January 22, 2024

Me On A Monday - January 22nd

Source: Internet


Good Morning.  Another very cold week last week, with a forecast of a snow "event" on this Tuesday.  I am just hopeful that the snow holds off until I am home from my errands out.  Also in the forecast is a warm up towards the middle of the week.  If that truly happens maybe we will be able to tackle all that snow left from the snow ploughs at the end of our driveway from the last snow storm.  We were only able to make a hole in the snow bank big enough for the car to get out.  It is definitely a case of threading the needle.  

Currently there is not a lot happening.  Meetings, doctor's appointments & errands seem to be what is taking up & filling my life right now.  In the next couple of weeks there's a big Unity Conference being held in the town close to us.  It will be 5-6 different religions each making a presentation about the need for faith unity.  It should be quite an interesting gathering.  Our church is not included because in spite of it being 15 minutes away, it is a different county, so a different faith community base.  In keeping with the unity in faith theme, I am reading a book entitled, "Why Did Jesus, Moses, The Buddha, & Mohammed Cross The Road?"

My left over feeling from last week; Lypophrenia; a vague feeling of sadness seemingly without cause. Let's hope all this lovely sunshine banishes this feeling quickly. 💗🌞

14 comments:

  1. London has avoided the snow, but it has been pretty cold! Further north in the UK has had some horrendous weather of late.
    How great to hear that different faith groups are coming together - if only we could do that with global leaders ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be most interesting to hear what the community faith groups each present. It should start with us, at home, then our communities, then our regions & hopefully it would then guide us to make better voting choices (IMO). Once again Mother Nature is displaying her right to her moods & power.

      Delete
  2. I like that teapot!
    I hope you do get some warmer temperatures so you can clear away some of the snow! There may not be a lot happening, but, it sounds like it is keeping you busy! That sounds like an interesting book.
    I've learned a new word, today, thanks to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome about the new word. Temperatures are rising, slowly, more snow today (Tuesday) but by Friday it is suppose to be rain, so timing about snow removal will be ever so important. I like that teapot too, wish I could find one like it but then again, we aren't suppose to be adding to our stuff (lol).

      Delete
  3. Lypophrenia: it's mid-January. You'll start to feel better in two months. Maybe three. Did that help? 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHaHa - yes it helped. I read that the 15th was blue Monday. It's about time I started walking around the indoor garden centres with the big greenhouses, that will cheer me up.

      Delete
  4. Our snow is still hanging around, but highs are now above freezing and rain is predicted for the rest of the week. It's been pretty, though.

    The Unity Conference sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen on the news the horrible weather Tennessee is having. Hopefully it will be just rain this week, which is also what is forecasted for us at the end of this week, but right now (Tues) it is snowing, again. I've very interested in the presentations at the Unity Conference.

      Delete
  5. That is a new word to me, but I know exactly the feeling it describes.
    We have gone from bitingly cold winds and heavy frost to milder but stronger winds and rain. I'm not sure which is worst!
    Hope you manage to keep warm and safe from any further snowfalls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went down a rabbit hole of Scottish words & this one stuck to me. Thankfully it's lifting just a tad, I blame Old Man Winter & his unkind behaviour (col).

      Delete
  6. No snow here, but a lot of rain and gales force winds, we've not had a problem from the gales but so many people flooded out, poor people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late Wednesday we got a lot of rain, which is helping to melt some of that big snow pile at the end of the driveway - I'll take the help.

      Delete
  7. And, once again, its me on a Wednesday! That conference sounds very interesting. I recently read "Why Did Jesus, Moses, The Buddha, & Mohammed Cross The Road?" I'll be curious to know what you think about it. Maybe we can have an email exchange about it when you're finished. We're off on a huge trip on Friday--back on February 11th or 12th. We're staying with my brother for two nights before flying out on Sunday. Hoping for decent weather on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen I would like to discuss this book with you, I'll touch base with you around the 14th after you have settled back home :) Safe travels.

      Delete