Monday, March 25, 2019

Me On A Monday - March 25th

Good morning everyone - this is The Return to Work Edition of Me On A Monday.
  After much back & forth, I have been lured enticed convinced to a short term contract position as an Office Manager at a wellness clinic.   I did not want to commit to anything too long, until I see how this owner is.  I've worked with him before but on a limited basis. He's a no nonsense kind of person.  This is a new clinic so there's potential.

Spring did arrive & there has been some more melt & the remnants of winter can not leave fast enough for me.  Winter, here's your hat, what's your hurry?!!  Also, it's time to tap the sugar maple trees for maple syrup.


We are into the last days of the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt.  I must say that this winter because of  weather extremes (OMG am I still moaning on about winter?) I did not get out to capture some of the photos I had in mind for the search.  No matter, I feel all in all OK with my finds.  Some harder to find, some easy but that's the fun of any photo scavenger search.  I've taken great "poetic license"  on some of my finds ... I'm sure I will be forgiven.

                                      This is my #6 Water Dispenser
Thank you again to Eileen for organizing.  Last link in is I believe scheduled for Sunday March 31st but be sure to check that out at Eileen's site, I've been known to get my dates wrong before:  A Bracelet of Days 
                                                          In the shopping cart this week were things Mr Man found & wanted for our fur kids. One is a toy, battery operated which Sooty seems to have the most fun with it. Smoke is yeah, so? ... it's a plastic cape that has a "tail" wiggle underneath, back & forth in varying patterns.

...the other item is a emery board scratching post to help with filing down their nails.  So far, in spite of cat nip applied, both girls have ignored.  We have been having the girls' nails done every 5 weeks by professionals that come into our home, but after each visit the fur girls are quite upset, hissing & spitting at each other.  Honestly it's like living with Edith & Mary Crawley!

Still the most favourite toy is a box ...

 
Reading several books at once, two I'm finishing up the last few chapters in:  An American Marriage; The List (another Louise Penny mystery).  I really enjoyed The List - it explained for me in very simple form, some of the struggles between anglophone & francophone in Canada, especially Quebec; At Home In Mitford, the first in a series.

Mr Man & I watched Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.  I liked Jude Law as Dumbledore.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week, free of any beasts that burden you.
 

19 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that you like the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping the new job is just what you are looking for! I'm also standing at the door waiting with Winter's hat AND coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunshine today is wonderful but I foolishly believed her in her lure of spring & that it was pleasant - oh that wind chill is still winter, give me my hat, coat, boats, gloves, scarves ...

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the job. Maybe it will work out and lead to permanent employment or are you really looking for something different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I really don't know what I'm looking for. I have tossed so many ideas around in my head. Thankfully Mr Man is behind me on all the crazy ideas I have :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the new job - and here's hoping that Spring is FINALLY on its way to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Change is as good as a rest as my Gran said; so now I've had a little of both & I can say rest is much better :)

      Delete
  5. I hope your new Office Manager position works out for you :) It amazes me to see places that still have snow. I trust Spring will find you soon. Cats, I swear, take pleasure in ignoring the toys we like best lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats, I love them but there are times, especially at 4:41am today when one of them decided everything on the nighstand didn't to come off! Snow is melting quickly but that ice is thick & hard to get rid of :(

      Delete
  6. Well, that's great news about the job. Keeping it all crossed that it works out for you!
    And blue skies always lift the spirits. Here too is much brighter suddenly, but the wind is deceptive ...brrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. I'm hopeful but cautious about the job. Owner really doesn't want to be bothered by office/reception details, which makes me a tad leary that he may not give me the support I may need. We'll see, right now it builds the CV & the bank account! :)

      Delete
  7. What is it with cats and boxes? So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing videos where the big cats like tigers or lions are given boxes & they too crawl into - it's such a feline thing. I use to have cats that also loved paper bags & we always got a big one from the LCBO for them to play in.

      Delete
  8. OH,, I hope the job goes well & that spring continues to move in quickly for you! When I was growing up, we had cats and they always like the paper grocery bags better than anything else!

    I just finished An American Marriage this week - it was a good read, very thought-provoking. I hoped for a different ending, but I think it was very realistic based on the characters. The Mitford series is one of my favorites. We haven't seen the Crimes of Grindelwald yet - gonna jump over to the library website & see if it's in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. American Marriage got me thinking if someone I knew was charged with a crime what my reactions & support would be like. I hope never to discover that! My friend's Godmother gave her the series & now she's loaning them 2 at a time to me. Mitford; Such a lovely place to live.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping that the new job (well, not so new, as I am late and catching up) is enjoyable and satisfying - your skills are clearly in demand. And an intriguing and creative set of photos, despite the snow. I didn't know maple syrup was harvested at this time of year but now that I think about it, it makes absolute sense! Doh ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alexa - always so nice to have you pop around. Bloggers are never late, they arrive when they need to. :)

      Delete