Sunday, March 31, 2019

WPSH - My Final Enteries

Thank you to Eileen at A Bracelet of Days for organizing & hosting the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt. Eileen will have the link in for  everyone, tomorrow, April 1st.  A Bracelet of Days

In the end I did get all the finds for the list - some I really like, some I'm just OK with, but that's the point, it was fun, it was interesting, it was challenging, some things need a think outside the box so to speak - all the things a scavenger hunt should be, in my opinion.

This is my entries for the 2018/2019 Winter SPH

1. At the end of the day - a week ago the flooding across the farmer's field



2. Pool of light - a wax pool of light - my annual New Year's Eve burning of the previous year, in candle light

3. Fastener - during the winter all the fire hydrants are fastened with tall orange markers so the fire department can find in the snow drifts.

4. Nail - one of my fur girls with her nails out!

5. A group activity - the entire village comes out for the Christmas Farmer's Parade of Lights

6. Water dispenser - for those that cannot get to the store before it closes, a through the wall water dispenser.

7. Horse - a new Christmas ornament for the horse tree

8. Chocolate - Christmas treat

9. Peel/peeling - originally to enhance, stone stuck on plain cement steps, peeling/falling off & now very dangerous

10. Holly -fake as the only live holly bush in the neighbourhood is buried under 2 feet of snow

11. Dressed for the season - shrubs get dressed for season to protect the drying winter winds & salt spray from the roads

12. Glitter - Mr Man's Christmas card, I made for him

13. An instruction - this still annoys & makes me laugh at the same time - "shooting children" isn't the best translation

14. A crossing place - the crosswalk marks along with the "braille" crossing indications.

15. Flight - The stamp, paper & diecuts from a recent workshop entitled "take flight"


16. A measurement - a total of 7 tapes found in the junk drawer clean out

17. Orange - nothing more to be said

18. A natural feature - the river through our village

19. A carved object - A Nativity Set


20. A method of communication - how the community is notified of upcoming workshops & events "The Community Board" at the library

Alt A. A keyring  - it's a hologram cat face

Alt B. Show and tell - something you made -bookmarks with a set of new to me diecuts


And that is as they say, a wrap ...

13 comments:

  1. Well done you!
    PS. I've seen those sweet bookmarks somewhere before... 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lady Ella. Oh good news on their arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "end of the day" photograph - truly lovely. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's entries tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I look forward to seeing your collection of finds.

      Delete
  4. Excellent! I especially love the first photo and the photo of the river. Your cat photo for nails is inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. My #1 turned out to be one of my favourites & for me it was the hardest one to capture.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic selection, well done and thank you for joining in. My favourites are Nos 1, 7 and 11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. In spite of the bad weather, I think I could a fair blend of indoor & outdoor.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed seeing your final selection of photos. I took a photo of a crosswalk, myself, but chose a bridge for my final selection. Nos. 1 and 18 are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. The crosswalks in our village are all new, so I was glad to get a photo while new & not too worn. I must go visiting everyone else's selections for the WPSH.

      Delete
  7. Nicely done. I am so enjoying everyone's interpretations of the same prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - fabulous job on the hunt!!! I had to laugh at the "shooting children" as it does seem a rather strange heading, and disturbing, too!

    ReplyDelete